However, Shinichi found this strange. It was the only year that he didn't received a cipher or any code of some sort. Maybe the sender run out of ideas on what to write? Or.. It was hidden in the letters he had received?

This thought made Shinichi got up from his chair as he quickly crouch down to the side of the bed and grabbing the box of letters. One by one he lied all of them down onto the floor and there, he finally sees it. The first alphabetical letter of each letters is written differently compared to the rest and after arranging them properly from the date it was wrote, he finally sees the sentence.

Slowly and carefully, he said what the hidden message is.

"T.H.I.S. W.I.L.L. B.E. M.Y. F.I.N.A.L. G.I.F.T. F.O.R. Y.O.U. T.O. Y.O.U.R. N.E.X.T. Y.E.A.R O.F. B.I.R.T.H. I. W.I.L.L. P.E.R.S.O.N.A.L.L.Y. C.O.M.E. A.N.D. G.I.V.E. Y.O.U. S.O.M.E.T.H.I.N.G. M.O.R.E. S.P.E.C.I.A.L. I.N.S.T.E.A.D. H.O.W.E.V.E.R. I. W.I.L.L. O.N.L.Y. C.O.M.E. I.F. I. H.A.V.E. C.O.N.F.I.R.M.E.D. T.H.A.T. Y.O.U. H.A.V.E. S.E.E.N. T.H.I.S. C.O.D.E. M.Y. B.E.L.O.V.E.D. M.E.T.A.N.T.E.I."

"This will be my final gift for you. To your next year of birth, I will personally come and give you something more special instead. However, I will only come if I have confirmed that you have seen this code, My Beloved Metantei."

Shinichi froze onto his spot when he heard someone synchronising with him. That voice... it couldn't be! However the message he have read was already a confirmation to the identity of the person standing behind him. He only realized it until now at how fast his heart is currently beating and how nervous he was to finally meet the person he has been longing to see for the first time. What if it was someone he knows personally? Or someone who he knew could be an enemy or worse, a criminal. However, from the letters alone, Shinichi knows that the person who's been sending him gifts isn't a bad person at all. 

Calming himself little by little, Shinichi slowly stood up and there, he finally turned around. Staring at the person standing before him, he was quite shocked to know that it was the person he has been constantly hearing about in his University but never got the chance to personally see him. The famous magician who will soon debut after he graduated College. Messy haired, captivating indigo eyes, and a wide grinned on his face. He was indeed good-looking that a straight guy like him is capable of blushing upon seeing him. Well, used to be straight.

Taking a few step closer to the detective, the person who's a splitting image of him stopped right in front of him and spoke once more.

"It wasn't my plan to looked like a creepy stalker sending you birthday presents every year however my desire to be with you couldn't stop me from trying to be as close as possible to you. When I gave you the first present 4 years ago, I was nervous that maybe you would think that it was from a creepy stalker and throw it away. But when I saw you sleeping peacefully in the library with the cipher codes in front of you, it made me happy that even just through the gifts, you acknowledge my existence.  And then a year went by and it was your birthday again. It finally became a habit that every year, I will send you gifts until I was ready for you to know who I really am and I do owe you an apology for taking me 5 years to finally show up in front of you... It.. might sound bizarre and crazy but Kudo Shinichi, for the first time I have laid my eyes on you, you had somehow captured my heart which I didn't regret giving to you. Will you let this magician to continue loving you, despite the lack of communication and information we have towards one another?"

Every word he said and every little details he mentioned just made Shinichi more curious about the person before him. His heart that was beating fast earlier suddenly pick up its pace as it feels like it will come out from his chest. Shinichi knew that it was risky that he, an unknown person, has convey his feelings towards the detective without knowing him personally however, Shinichi just knew that there was something that is connecting him and the man standing in front of him. And he have already fallen for him despite the lack of interaction, that's why he returned the smile of the man and pulled him into a hug.

"Do you really think that I would say no after waiting for 4 years, just to see which idiot keeps on sending me gifts? The moment you sent those gifts was already a unwritten contract that you are in the hands of a detective, I have finally caught you, K.K"

The man he was hugging became stiff but soon, he suddenly returned the embraced with his arms wrapped around the detective. It felt like a dream come true for him, he was already gonna give up the moment he sent the very first gift to Shinichi but when he saw the tired detective trying to solve the ciphers he made rather than doing some projects? It was a spark of hope that maybe he can get Shinichi to fall for him and to which, he didn't failed to do so. 

Finally pulling away, the man made a single rose appear which he handed to the detective and finally said the words Shinichi has been waiting to hear for 5 years. 

"Kuroba Kaito is the name. Kudo Shinichi-kun. I will make sure that the next year your birthday comes, I will finally make you mine properly. No letters, no mysterious present in the middle of the night, just you and me, getting to know one another personally until we eventually fall deeper than before with each other. I swear this words with the moon tonight as our witnessed, Shinichi."

****

A/N: I LITERALLY FORGOT IT WAS SHINICHI'S BIRTHDAY AND JUST STARTED WRITING ONE AND A HALF HOURS AGO!!  Though I do hope y'all enjoy this oneshot!! I've just became really busy that it never crossed my mind that Shinichi's birthday is today.  So, yeah LOLOL If I became inactive for quite awhile don't think that I completely stopped writing alright? I'm just really busy these days so I apologize in advance to the slow updates.

P.S. One chapter down, 4 to go with the KaiShin Story.

P.P.S. Sorry if there are some typos or errors since I didn't have the time to double check since I'm already sleepy and need to be up early in the morning.