[ 13 ] electrocuted

Start from the beginning

"Stiles actually grew his hair out over the summer." Aspen told him.

"Really?" Jackson asked, "Huh— that's hard to picture."

Aspen laughed lightly as she looked up at the ceiling of her room, her phone clutched in her grip. She was feeling somber again, which was an inevitability at this point. She found there was this question roaming around in her mind that she was suddenly dying to ask the Whittemore boy.

"Jackson?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you ever miss it here?" she asked softly, lowering her voice in case Scott was next door and able to hear, or even Isaac who had now moved in due to being kicked out by Derek.

Jackson hesitated on the other end of the line for a moment, coming up with his answer.

"Sometimes." he finally spoke, "I mean, I miss you a lot—but you already knew that. I miss Danny too. Sometimes I miss the lacrosse, seeing as it's not really a thing here in England. But other than that, there wasn't really much keeping me there."

Aspen processed his answer, and decided it wasn't what she wanted to hear. Because that was the huge difference between Jackson and Aspen— there was hardly anything keeping Jackson here. He never felt like he belonged— and Aspen and Danny were his only true friends.

But Aspen knew, despite how fucked up Beacon Hills was, that she did belong here. And unlike Jackson— there was a lot keeping her here. Stiles being the main thing— the boy who she loves, the boy who makes her feel whole. And then there was Allison Argent, the girl who's practically a sister to her, and Scott, who was more of a brother to her than Ace. Even Lydia had grown close enough to her to be a factor to her staying here.

Beacon Hills was her home.

"Asp?" Jackson's voice snapped her out of her thoughts, "You okay?"

"Yeah." she lied, "Yeah everything's fine. Listen, I should go, Melissa's calling me downstairs for dinner— but it was nice catching up, J."

"Likewise." Jackson said softly, and then Aspen hung up the phone.

As she hung up, she noticed a text from Stiles.

STILES 🚙🕵️‍♂️❤️:

Apparently one of the on-call doctors is missing. I'm on my way over to the hospital to find Scott now, I can pick you up if you're up to coming with? Don't worry if not.

Ever since the other night, the night on the ledge of Glen Capri, things were a little different between the couple. Aspen was trying to shut him out less, and ever since she stepped off that rooftop with him-- she made him promise not to tell anyone. Stiles respected it of course, so no one else knew about what she tried to do that night.

But Aspen couldn't help but notice that Stiles was now treading egg shells around her— but she understood. He saw her at her lowest that night.

But death was happening all around her— and it would kill her more if she sat back and didn't at least try to do something about it. So with that in mind, she typed out her short reply.

ASPEN:

I'll come with you.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Hang on, hang on, they were both in the car?" Sheriff Stilinski questioned Melissa once the three teenagers had caught up with them.

"No, Dad, they're trying to tell you that it was two separate kidnappings, okay?" Stiles explained, "Two doctors, both gone."