"He did?"

"Yeah. He was like a proud dad when I got in my first one."

"That's crazy. Daniel taught us how to fight, too," Mickey chimes in.

I chuckle, remembering his skills and how we didn't have any. "He used to brag during our training sessions that the first person he taught had broken someone's nose."

"In my defense, I didn't mean to break Rebecca's nose." Olivia laughs and a sparkle returns in her eyes. "I mean, she deserved it, but I didn't do it intentionally."

"Holy fuck! That was you!" I shout, practically leaping from the couch.

"It was."

How did we never cross paths?

"I always hoped one day I'd see him on TV." Her smile begins to fade. "I thought he'd get out of the system. I never imagined this would be the way."

"We choose to believe he's in a better place," Mickey responds, attempting to comfort her. "He's no longer suffering."

"Can I ask something personal?"

"Of course." I place my hand on her thigh, feeling protective, wanting to shield her from further pain.

"Did you have a funeral?"

"We did after my release from prison. Mickey went all out."

"Only the best for our boy." Mickey grins, proudly.

I chuckle. "I don't know if releasing hundreds of doves was absolutely necessary."

"True. But Daniel would've fucking loved it."

He would have.

"We can go by his grave if you want." I pull out my phone, showing where he's buried. "It's not far from here."

"I'd like that." She smiles and places her hand over mine as if she's now at peace knowing he was taken care of.

"My turn for a question." Mickey smirks, mischievously.

Olivia rolls her eyes. "Go ahead."

"If Daniel was your foster brother and then later became our foster brother..." He bursts into laughter, forcing out his question between obnoxious snorts. "Does that mean Axel's fucking our sister?"

"Mickey!" She yells, throwing a decorative couch pillow at him.

It smacks him in the face and he laughs even harder. "I'm just—trying to clear things up. You understand that, don't ya, sis?"

Olivia places her hands over her ears, covering them and shaking her head. "Ewww. Make it stop!"

Reaching over, I shove him off the couch.

Fucking idiot.

———

Mickey walks into my kitchen and pours a massive bowl of cereal, filling it to the rim. Finishing off the box, he looks over at me as I sip a cup of coffee at the table. "You weren't planning on having any, were you?" He asks before dropping his spoon in, taking a giant bite and splashing milk onto my clean floors.

Don't murder him. Deep breaths.

"I'm good."

"Suit yourself." He shrugs. "Where's Livvy this morning?"

"She has plans with Eliza." I look down at my phone, seeing if she responded to my text. "I think going to the cemetery after seeing Maria and Eduardo was a lot to take in."