"Alright, thanks." He said before hanging up.

...

Not even 10 minutes later I was in the car with Asher, terribly singing along to Blackbear songs.

Asher was wearing a sky blue T-shirt, badge khakis, and white sneakers. For someone that didn't get a lot of exercise, he was shockingly well built.

"Give me one reason, you know that I'm leavin'
I know how to please you, Hennessy in the freezer. It's all at your leisure, baby, I..." I slapped my hands down on my legs, "but she ain't never seen the world though!"

"You really like your music." Asher chuckled from the seat next to me, he was a surprisingly good driver considering he was unconsciously skittish.

"Hell yeah I do!" I shouted.

"But Mikaela says you hate clubs?" He gave me a questioning look.

"Ah, ah, ah, not clubs. I hate that club. It's full of sketchy weirdos, it's wayyy too loud, and the furniture is sticky with things that I don't want to think about," I shivered, "but it's a really good place to get shitfaced!" I informed him.

He let out a laugh, "Are you high? You're super energetic and talkative, like a lot more than usual."

"Well, I was kinda losing my mind being alone for a few hours so I'm happy to have company and I'm really excited to see my friend." I bounced my leg.

"Are you sure Mikaela didn't inject you with something?" Asher asked with fake skepticism.

"Well, damn, I sure hope not." I snickered.

"Anyway, what's the name of your friend?" He asked.

"I'll let her introduce herself, but she's bomb as fuck. She's a great psychiatrist and since she's part of an organization that receives government funds and grants she can give you guys more time without being restricted," I explained, "remember that talk we had a while ago about you but opening up to me and if you wanted a different person I would talk to Mikaela about it? She's the person I would've sent you to. She's insanely professional while still keeping things light and if I ever had a full scale mental breakdown I hope the person handling me would be like her."

"Do you think you're at risk for a full scale mental breakdown?" That was kind of a heavy question.

"Not really," I shrugged, "I was pretty depressed for a few years and that caused some other issues, I still don't really like myself but who does? Other than that, I'm pretty average in most departments aside from anxiety. And even that's not that bad." I said.

"You could say that. But you had 2 panic attacks in a week." Asher reminded me.

"You know about the second one?" I asked.

"Mikaela might hate me, but he tells me everything. Actually, I think that's why he tells me everything. It's like a power move. He tells me all the horrible shit he's done because he knows I won't do anything about it and even if I did, people would side with him over me." Asher informed me.

"If he's not a sociopath I don't know what his problem is." I sighed.

Asher gave me the side eye, even he knew I was being unreasonably chill about this. He shook it off and changed his expression, "Isn't he, and I mean this as softly as possible, a little too responsible to be a sociopath?" He asked.

"Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at with it. He's really good at his job and if I never heard about the way he acts around others I would be at a complete loss for why he lies so much. But he's reckless, he's been coming home with a lot more bumps and bruises lately and refuses to tell me where he got them. Not to mention how aggressive he is towards others and when he's not aggressive, I hear he's rather apathetic. There's some other factors as well, but even with just that he seems to fit the bill pretty well," I sighed, "it's stressful."