Investigating the Crash

Start from the beginning

The girl craned her head around Jackson spotting the bodies. "Really?" the girl asked.

Jackson smiled, "Yes, we just saw the crash site and my group just made it here." The girl started to lower her gun. "Thank you. What's your name," Jackson asks.

"I'm Mia," stated the girl, stepping out of the wreckage of the helicopter. Seeing the bodies up close, Mia looked on in surprise, "You did all of this?"

"Nope. They were killed by bandits by the time we got here," Jackson replied, "how did you even get here?"

Mia looked down as she stopped walking by him, "It's...a long story."

Jackson looked at her, "Come with us, we can bring you out of here"

"Really?" Mia said.

"Yep," Jackson said, "Wyvern! Kasumi! Search the wreckage and bodies, and take anything of value!" They shot off a salute as they began their duties. Jackson took Mia to the tank and lifted her onboard.

Mia gasped with amazement, "I've never seen anything like this!" She hopped into the tank itself and played around with the interfaces.

"I hope she has pressed anything important, Jackson," Wyvern said walking up to the tank.

"I know the tank is locked only to you, me, and Kasumi.:

Wyvern shrugged, "You never know..."

Jackson rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah. You guys find anything interesting?"

Wyvern threw a couple of rifles onto the back of the tank, as Kasumi threw a duffel bag next to Jackson's feet, which made a large thud on the tank's turret. "We found this," Kasumi said. Raising an eyebrow at the bag, Jackson knelt down and unzipped it. His eyes widened as multiple gold bars shined in front of his eyes.

"Where was this?" Jackson asked heaving one of the bars up.

"Underneath one of the seats," Kasumi replied, climbing on board, "Along with this note." Taking the hastily written note, Jackson read it.

No more negotiating. Take the bag and get the girl. Skip out on me and I will have your heads.

Jackson stared at Mia, as she talked to Wyvern. An entire bag of gold for a girl. Who is she? Jackson heaved the gold bag and dropped it in front of Mia. "What's this?" he questioned as he showed its insides. Mia's face turned pale as she turned away. Sighing Jackson, rose the note to the front of her face, "Who are you?"

Glancing at the note Mia sighed, "As I said, it's a long story."

Jackson looked at her with a deadpan expression. "We're going to have plenty of time to hear it," Jackson said, "mount up!" As the group settled into their positions, Jackson directed Mia to sit next to him on top of the turret.

"Where do I even start?" Mia said as the tank started up.

Jackson pulled a cigarette from his vest, "Let's start about who you are."

"Well, my name is Mia Turrar and I was living in D.C with my father."

Jackson looked at her, as he lit his cig, "Wasn't D.C hit during the war?"

Mia turned to him with a confused look, "They were but it only hit the suburbs. The Capitol was also one of the first places to start being cleaned of radiation. Just a couple of years ago, it was declared free of it."

"Declared by who?" Jackson asked.

"The government and the military. Why?"

Jackson released a puff of smoke, "Let's say I'm new to the scene." So the government is in one piece, Jackson thought as the wind split across his face.

Mia looked at the passing scenery, "The reason I'm here at the moment is because of who my father is."

"Your father?" Jackson asked

"Yep," Mia confirmed, "the man himself, Mr. Turrar."

"And who is that?"

Mia looked at him, "You don't know who he is?"

"Nope," Jackson said, taking a deep breath of air.

"How don't you know?" Mia asked.

Jackson released an exasperated sigh, "As I said, I'm a little new to the scene."

"I'm the President of the United States daughter!"

"What!" yelled Wyvern as the tank suddenly swerved.

"Huh!" Kasumi gasped as she was loading her mags

Jackson looked at Mia and crushed his cigarette, "What kind of plot development is this?"