Chapter 13: Secrets Are Never Secrets Forever

Start from the beginning

Dad sighs loudly. "Ivy! Get down here!"

I ran down the stairs to the living room where they all stood. Alaric and Caroline were here too. Which it confused me. They all looked over to me. Bonnie smiled weakly at me.

"yes?" I ask softly.

Mom walks over to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and leading me to sit on the couch with her. "There are some things we have to discuss."

"Am i in troub-" I try to say.

"No, you're not in trouble." mom says rubbing my back. "There were some things we kept from you- only because we thought you were an ordinary child. We live in a world where the supernatural walks with us on this earth."

"what?" I ask still confused about this topic. I only believed witches were real, maybe even vampires.

Dad walked over and sat next to me. "What she's trying to say is, the world is full of creatures that aren't exactly human. There is more than you think."

"That's why Alaric and Caroline are here." Mom said.

My eyes widen. "You guys are gonna lock me up?"

"What? No!" Caroline says. Alaric stood behind her laughing.

"What do you think that school is for?" Mom asks.

I turn my head to her, "for weirdos?"

She rolled her eyes, "No Ivy, 'The young and gifted' it's really for kids with the supernatural ability."

"That's why we are. We want to help you, yes, Bonnie has helped you through a lot. Thank you for that, Bonnie, but there is so much more for you to learn. Not only that, but other people your age will be by your side to learn with you." Alaric says smiling.

I stand up and face both my parents, "You guys are sending me away?" I felt numb.

"No, baby! It's not like that." Dad stands up and hugs me tightly. "We just want what's best for you."

Mom stood up and hugged me as well. "We'll visit and you can come home whenever you like."

-----------------⊰∘⌑✿⌑∘⊱------------------
I was packing up in my room, mom helped me pack up some things. I only took the things I need and want the most.

It felt weird that I was leaving the house to live in a school full of supernatural kids. And to think that i'm also one of those supernatural kids.

This also meant that I would be leaving my school. The kids i've known all my life to be with some strangers. I wouldn't be able to gossip in the back of the classroom with friends like we usually do. They were the most disappointed when I broke the news to them. They'd miss me, but they told me how to be careful with the freaks I talk to there. They still are convinced that the school is a freak show, I mean I they were kind of right in some way. The school wasn't exactly open to any ordinary person, but for supernatural kids.

"I wanted to give this to you," mom says holding a sage green journal. "It's a diary or journal, for you to write down stuff."

I take the journal in my hand, "thanks mom." I say with a smile. I place the journal in one of my bags and take it downstairs.

Dad comes downstairs with two other bags, "hey, kiddo."He says after placing the bags on the ground and ruffling my hair.

"Hey!" I fixed my hair before giving him a dirty look before trying to run up the stairs.

He knitted his eyebrows and grabbed my arm, stopping me from going upstairs. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing, Dad." I try to run up the stairs again before he grabbed me again. "I mean it. Nothing."