◈ Chapter 37 ◈

Start from the beginning

It used to be just me and Jimin, bickering at home and stuff, no mafia thingy at all.

"You're emotional blackmailing me"

"Heck I didn't even blackmailed you yet. Just don't forget about me while you're spending time with your husband"

I chuckled at his words. Me spending time with my so-called husband almost seems impossible. How naive of Jimin that he doesn't even knows the whole scenario.

Neither I wanted to tell him. He would fume in anger if he ever gets to know I was kidnapped by someone related to the word 'mafia'.

Worst he can even ask me to leave Taehyung in this case.

"When are you coming back to Seoul? I'm sick of waiting", I said, trying to change the topic which I successfully did.

"This weekend. I'm just too busy with things here"

It wasn't just an excuse to change the topic. I did wanted to see Jimin considering the fact that I missed him a lot.

As the other one, being in the same place, doesn't even gives a fuck about me who wanted his presence.

At the very moment, the door opened, revealing a tired Taehyung entering the room.

Speak of the devil, here he is.

He didn't seemed to notice me. Or maybe he was just avoiding me.

"Oppa I'll call you later", hanging up on Jimin, I now turned my attention towards the one figure staring at me, stuck in his place.

"Now who is this oppa guy--"

"Jimin", I shortly replied, not wanting him to think anything else, considering the fact that he is too overprotective.

The way I talk with Jimin informally these days, it might be getting a bit confusing for him.

"You're gonna sleep?", As much as I wanted him to sit beside me, talk about his days without me, I didn't.

He was dealing with something worse, and I didn't wanted to ruin his mood more.

The tiring look on his face told me that he was not in the mood to talk. He took slow steps towards the bed and sat on his side, making himself comfortable.

"Why do you care about me so much?", he asked as he locked his emotionless eyes with me.

I'd lie if I say it didn't made me nervous.

"Isn't it obvious?", I left out an almost inaudible chuckle, looking elsewhere but him.

My words were complicated for him, I knew. I didn't wanted to just straightforward tell him that my days without him were worst and that I realised some little feelings I should have a long ago.

He'll probably laugh at me for being so dynamic and bipolar.

This was so not me at all.

"And you aren't mad at me?", he asked, as I looked at him dumbfolded.

"Why the heck would I be mad at you?", I shook my head at his lame question.

He's quite good at making weird statements and leaving me dumbfolded.

"You got into this whole mess because of me. That's the exact same thing roaming in my mind since the day you stepped into my life as my wife", I noticed how his eyes held different emotions now.

Mostly sadness, pain and loneliness.

"It hurts me knowing that you'll have to go through such things just because I am dealing with underground stuff. I'm the one at fault and you don't even realise it"