Chapter 16 [Blood In The Snow]

Start from the beginning

Kongo-sensei appeared to be surprised by Y/N's suddenly announced presence but calmed himself as he turned to look at the crimson-haired male, "Y/N, stay behind me."

Y/N's eyes widened as his expression quickly hardened and Red Matter started to pool from his body. Walking closer to Kongo-sensei could finally see the rows of tens if not hundreds of Lunarians all kneeling in front of him, clawing at his robes. The red-haired male could only look in shock, astonishment and confusion. Just as he turned to Kongo-sensei to ask him the obvious question, he was cut off as Kongo-sensei suddenly disintegrated each and every Lunarian present, leaving only mist in their wake. 

"...Kongo-sensei... what... was that?" words appeared to have trouble forming in Y/N's mouth as he watched the mist envelop Kongo-sensei like chains, preventing him from moving.

"Ah, a trap? What a pointless endeavour!" a sphere of light suddenly appeared in Kongo-sensei's hands, Y/N could only stare with wide eyes, completely ignorant of what was transpiring right in front of his eyes.

Then, all he could see was a flash of blinding light followed by a loud sound that echoed throughout the entire island and rattled Y/N's entire body. As the light quickly faded and Y/N was allowed the luxury of being able to see, he was only met with Kongo-sensei and nothing else. Not a single speck of that mysterious mist or Lunarian dust was left in the area. 

"Quick, we must hurry," Y/N was broken out of his stupor by Kongo-sensei who started to quickly make his way to the Shore of Nasceny, and only then Y/N realized the true scope of the situation.

"SHIT!" Y/N quickly ran past Kongo-sensei and rushed as fast as he physically could to the shore before it was too late. 

He didn't even make it all the way when he saw the large glowing platform the Lunarian usually float in the sky with slowly pulling away, flying higher and higher into the sky by the minute. His heart nearly stopped at the sight if he didn't notice Phosphophyllite running after the Lunarians, obsidian blade in hand as she desperately yelled at them. 

"

"...Antarcticite...?" Y/N stood there with wide eyes and a completely appalled look on his face as his mind stopped. 

His hands tightened into fists before loosening into their relaxed state over and over, it was as if his mind and body were no longer one entity, but two separate beings altogether, "Dammit... MOVE!"

Finally, his body listened as he quickly sprinted across the snowy fields of white in hopes of somehow catching up to the Lunarians that only kept on pulling further and further higher into the sky. Red Matter quickly spiralled into four tentacle-like appendages that helped propel Y/N to greater speeds, so much so he passed by Phosphophyllite who was already a very fast runner. He grits his teeth as he used every ounce of his strength and willpower to push himself towards the fleeting Lunarians just a little bit faster. But they were gaining altitude, quickly, not to mention Y/N saw that he was coming to a cliff. With no other option left, Y/N used all four of the Red Matter appendages to throw himself into the air. His hair whipped back from the wind blowing in his face as he extended his arm towards the closed sunspot in hopes of at least being able to touch it. But... it wasn't good enough... Just before Y/N could reach his target all of the velocity he had disappeared and he immediately started to plummet towards the ground as he helplessly watched the Lunarians disappear into the clouds.