Chapter 14 - A start to an exhausting day

Start from the beginning

Varian smiled back at her, as he put on his backpack.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

After about ten minutes of Cassandra and Varian brushing each other's hair, and just getting ready for the day. When they walked into the thrown room they saw Rapunzel standing in there with a giant breakfast.

Varian excitedly ran over, dragging Cassandra with him. "Oh my god!!! Food!!!" Varian yelled excitedly trying to pick what to eat. Varian picked up a plate and went all for it. Grabbing pancakes, waffles, pie, you name it, and put it on his plate

Cassandra was also amazed by all the food. "Did you do this?" Cassandra asked Rapunzel.

"Yeah, I thought what better way to start the day than some breakfast," Rapunzel said walking up.

Varian with a bit of food in his mouth agreed. "Here, here. Oh my god, this is delicious! Can we have this every day?!"

Cassandra looked at Varian, she loved how excited he got over a nice breakfast. Cassandra grabbed a plate and grabbed a pancake or two, along with a bit of fruit.

Rapunzel walked up with a bright smile happy to see her friends excited. "Enjoy this, this isn't even the start of it," Rapunzel said with a smile.

At 5:30 am they finished breakfast. Following Rapunzel's schedule, they went to the archery range around 5:35 am. Rapunzel and Cassandra both went over to separate areas, so Cassandra and Rapunzel could see one another but not very clearly.

Cassandra and Varian walked into the area with these painted targets on the trees. Cassandra was excited. Cass walked up and picked up a bow, and she looked at Varian who was looking at the scroll. Cassandra took the scroll out of his hands. "Why don't you take a small break?" Cassandra asked with loving eyes.

Varian gave her a smile as he took the scroll back and put it on his belt. Cassandra handed him the bow and arrow. Varian looked at it for a second with a bit of a confused look. "What's wrong? Just shoot." Cassandra told him.

"Well, I never really learned archery," Varian said looking a little embarrassed.

Cassandra smile, as she put her hands on Varian's and held up the bow with his hands in hers. She put his hands in the correct position, to fire the arrow. She slowly stepped to the side still being attached to one of his hands. "Fire."

Varian let go of the arrow, but he missed the target. Varian looked down a bit upset.

Cassandra gave him a smirk. "You know you're supposed to aim at the target," Cassandra said in a teasing tone.

"Hey!" Varian said, acting offended but in a playful way. Varian tried holding up the bow the way he had it last time. Cassandra laughed noticing he was holding it all wrong. "What?" Varian said with a smile.

"Here." Cassandra walked up, she took his hands as she was behind him she got his hands in the right position. Cassandra couldn't see much because Varian was bigger than her, but she relied on instinct, and apparently, that instinct told her Varian smelled good.

It also told her to stop and pay attention. Cassandra closed her eyes, and while still holding Varian's hands, she pulled Varian's hand back that was holding the string on the bow and fired.

She opened her eyes to hear Varian a little excited. She looked over and she had hit the ring at the edge of the target.

After about another twenty minutes of being there, Varian had learned some of Cassandra's tricks. He had hit one or two bullseyes but he was now learning how to shoot three arrows at once, he still hadn't hit a bullseye on that.