Crystal Eyes

His eyes were that perfect shade of blue. The light blue kind that sparkle like crystals, glittering in the light. I could just stare at them all day, lighting up as he speaks to his stupid friends. They're all perverts, the whole lot of them. I honestly don't know why he hangs out with them. He's too good for them, and his eyes... Snap out of it Natalia!!! You're going to get cau... Shit!!!

I quickly looked down, my face the spitting image of a tomato... Curse you stupid blush! Why can't you just go away! I sneak a look up thinking maybe he didn't notice. Who am I kidding of course he noticed, and even if he didn't my bright red face probably gave it away. Damn you stupid brain! It's as if you try to embarrass me on purpose.

He catches my eyes, confusion written all over his face, however that quickly disappears, forming a smirk, as if it was there the entire time. Then the worst possible thing happens... He starts walking towards me... It's as if the world woke up today and decided today shall be dedicated to embarrassing the living shit out of Natalia!

"Like what you see?" Fuck! He spoke to me! What am I supposed to say? Yeah, if you haven't guessed it yet I'm socially awkward. And I'm totally freaking out right now...

"Um... I.... Uh..." he chuckled softly and sweet Jesus I thought my heart would melt right then and there.

"You're not much of a talker are you?" he chuckled again, making me giddy. Of course I didn't show or tell him, only blushed even more if that was physically possible. By this point I probably looked like I had third degree sunburn.

"Say who's this beauty you got over there Liam?" his friends called out to him.

"It's Natalia." he replied. I didn't even know he knew my name! "At least I think it is," he continues looking at me for conformation. I simply nodded, not able to speak.

"What are you playing at Liam? Pretending to forget her name like that?" Another one of his friends called out.

"Yeah Liam. Stop playing games and just get a room!" The other laughed while he just cursed under his breath, his hand holding the back of his neck the way guys do when they're nervous. Wait... Is he nervous?

"Sorry bout my friends Lia. I... Its okay if I call you that right? Or would you prefer Nat?" he looks kind of cute when he rambles "Or is it just Natali-"

"Lia is perfectly fine," I giggled at his flustered state. No-ones called me that in a while though.

"Why not? It's cute," and only after he said that did I realise that I had spoken aloud.

"I don't know. I guess no-one really notices me enough to really give me a nickname," I elaborated feeling myself blush ever so slightly again.

"People would be crazy not to notice you Lia. You're so sweet and caring and um.... well I'd like to... I mean... would you like to... we- me... wait... can I... no-" I started giggling as he tried to form a sentence. It really is sweet how sometime is willing to completely make a fool out of themselves for someone else.

"Liam, are you asking me on a date?" I laughed

"Umm... well.... yea..." He mumbled, "Not really going as planned though"

"Well I'd loved to" I answered trying to hold in my laughter. I mean could you blame me? The guy was blushing! And better yet, it was because of me!

"Really?!" His beautiful eyes suddenly lit up lit the millions stars lighting up a dark night, a spark of hope suddenly lifting his spirits

"Why not? It's not everyday a boy with crystals eyes who blushes almost as badly as me asks a girl out" I giggled. And that was that.

Hey guys!!! You're probably thinking WHAT!!! I THOUGHT THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE POETRY?!!! I know I thought so too.. But just hear me out! So this started out as a poem but then it evolved into a story... Don't even ask me how because i don't even know... So here's a short story for yall... Or an excerpt of one... Whatever you wanna call it. If you like this then you might like my other short story/ excerpt... It's called The Last Letter and it's very short so it won't take long to read... Enjoy :)

-Nya