𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

"Where?" Kie whispered. "Harvest the wheat in parcel nine, near the water. Except... there's no wheat. You see, wheat is code for gold. Check this out." John B traced the letters. "The gold is in parcel nine, near the water."

"Holy shit." Aria patted John B's back.

"All we need is an original survey map of the property, and we've found the gold." JB slipped the paper back in his bag.

"Okay, so this might have a small chance of being actually true." Pope admitted.

JJ grabbed John B lifting him in the air. "Hey, whoa!" JB looked down and how close he was to the fire. "Hello! Fire! You're near the fire. You're gonna burn."

"I'm so proud of you right now." JJ engulfed him. "Thank you. That's really sweet of you."

"Okay, so, guys. What's the plan?" Pope asked. "Good question." Aria agreed.

"Sarah Cameron's coming tonight. She'll bring an original survey map..." John B hummed, but Kiara interrupted him when she heard the name of her enemy.

"Hold on. Sarah? Wh-why Sarah?" Kie scrunched her face up in confusion.

John B rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly at the question. "Um..."

"This is gonna be good." JJ took his bottom lip in between his teeth.

"Sarah, um, she... she got me into the archives in Chapel Hill yesterday, and that's where I got the letter." JB stuttered out, nervous for his friends reaction.

Aria's brows furrowed together, her reaction similar to Kie's. "You were in Chapel Hill with Sarah Cameron?"

"He was mackin' on her." JJ told on his best friend, spilling the truth.

"I wasn't macking." John B argued. "You were totally macking Sarah Cameron." JJ rolled his eyes.

"I wasn't macking on her, okay? I was using her for access." John B spoke mostly to Kiara.

"There was access, all right." JJ smirked, mocking him.

Aria also knew about how Ward was trying to find the gold along with her father. And with the way Sarah runs her mouth sometimes, it's possible she would accidentally spill it. "Did you tell her about the treasure?"

"Is that a yes?" Kie held her hands together, anger spilling all in her body. "I... I left out key details." John B attempted to defend himself.

"Yo, what? You let a Kook in on our secret? What about Pogue Lyfe? What about the T-shirt company, bro?" Kie spat.

"I was just using her for information." John B fought with her.

Aria slouched down slightly, rubbing her temples. "Why don't I believe you?" Kie and John B yelled at each other.

"I'm trying to make us filthy rich here. Okay, so that we can pay off a boat, or... or, uh... send you to autopsy school to study dead bodies." John B gestured to Pope.

"Look, you guys know me. Do I look like the type of person to fall for Sarah Cameron?" John B placed his hands on his chest. JJ nodded behind him, "Uh... Do you want us to answer that, or..."