chapter three ━ in your arms

THREE.
in your arms!

❝ tell me, father, which to ask forgiveness for: what I am, or what I'm not / tell me mother, which should I regret: what I became, or what I didn't?❞

⎯ unknown, via pinterest

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN the world ends and is reborn?

This is the very question humanity asks themselves every hour of every day since the battle against Thanos ended, when Tony Stark sacrificed himself to bring half the entire Universe back into existence. Following the events of that renowned battle, the world tries to pick itself back up. Piece by piece, layer by layer, and stitch by stitch they try to mend the shattered fragments of their weary hearts.

The Governments of the world try to help, funding the GRC and other such charities to help with relocation and rehabilitation. Those who are not in need of aide grapple with the aftermath of dying and coming back to life. Some come home to find their mothers have passed on, others back with their family, but their minds still healing. The cases of mental health in children has risen, the shock of being revived too much to bare for so many young ones.

From the dust comes heartbreak and suffering, not the expected elation from everyone in the world. While there are glimpses of happiness, it is not large, and does not spread through every person on the earth.

It definitely hasn't reached the young girl and broken man walking down the streets of Brooklyn. The younger of the two walks quickly, trying to get ahead of the man trying to console her. His hands are in his pockets, his face contorted with agony as the girl keeps a steady pace.

"Reine!" he calls her, but the girl doesn't want to listen. "Reine, come on." passersby watch the two, narrowing their eyes at the man, wondering where they've seen him before. They steer clear of the girl, whose eyes swim with pain and whose frown makes them flinch. Bucky jogs to keep up, grabbing Reine's arm softly and turning her around. She pulls it away.