Chapter 23- part 1

Start from the beginning

   He and the lady who made me call her 'Mother' they grabbed me and forced me into a waiting car. I cried and screamed for my real parents- the man who resembled 'Uncle' came out and saw me. He ran to me- he tried to shift- but half-way through... some men attacked him.

    "Jonah! Jonah! I'll find you... I will find you. I'll never give up--" his final words before he was rendered unconscious.

     No matter what it takes. He can't take you away forever- Daddy loves you. I was able to recite it- I remembered the words.

     At this point I was bawling my eyes out- but no tears flowed. I recalled my life with startling and vivid clarity. My dad was part of a twin, that's why I looked like my Uncle- he was almost like the real deal. But my father had kind eyes; Anthony's eyes were always cold and filled with hate. He committed treason.

    I'd been so young, it had been thirteen years ago- but I managed to remember everything. Every sharp detail- the rustling of certain trees, the clarity of the mountain views behind us, the smell of various flowers...

    I'm... Jonah. I'm that little girl.

    Purple Lady smiled fondly at me-she too was familiar but I was yet to place her face.

    Yes. Again, there was that loud rumbling and she glanced around a bit nervously, she didn't seem afraid so it couldn't be something all that bad.

     I know, our time is limited. So, hit me with your parting words. I managed to find a sense of humor in all of this, but I was really freaked out!

    She smiled at me. You're sense of humor is very much like Noah's- when he can find it these days. She smiled fondly at the boy's name and her floating body shook slightly. Well, you know most of it. But I want you to know that not all Marks are what they seem. We don't have much time, but remember - she gestured towards the balcony- not all Marks are what they seem and sometimes... the Darkness and the Light have to cross paths. You will always be a child of the Imperials, Jonah. You just have to put all the right pieces together.

    Just as she began to disappear, I heard the last of her words- which left me even twice as confused as the last time...

    The picture is the answer, Jonah. Your son is the key.

*~*

  EMILY (continued)

 *~*

    I woke up in an empty room, I felt cold and stiff. I tried to move my limbs but they were immobile. My eyes were apparently stapled shut and I groaned in frustration once again. After I managed to get up, and exercise my limbs. I noticed the room was dark and empty. There was a bland white sheet covering me and as I got up it fell off and I was in nothing but my bra and panties.

    What the...! I thought.

     I was about to retrieve some clothes when I noticed a tag on my right big toe. I ripped it off and gasped in shock. There was information about me, written in small block capitals.

   NAME: Emily ? Hanes

    D.O.B: Unknown

    DATE/TIME of DEATH:Fri.Nov.23.2012 - 11:56:23pm

    CAUSE OF...:

     I refused to read that one, since by the loud hammering of my heart- I was most certainly not dead. I shuddered and threw the little card in the trash can; I proceeded to grab a white lab coat from a hook by the door and made my way outside.