I sighed, I could tell she didn't want to go anywhere near our brother's, but I would have got some money off them for her.

"here." I said, handing her the other half of my sandwich. "You've gotta have something for lunch." I said, noticing that the lunch ladies had stopped serving.

She bit her lip. "It's fine, I'm not hungry."

"No, seriously, take it." I insisted.

"She shook her head, Charlie I really can't eat right now."

"Come on, take it --"

"-- Dude, she's not hungry. Leave her be." Jack said, clearly irritated by our conversation.

I glared at him. "This is nothing to do with you."

Jack rolled his eyes. "I have to listen to it."I kicked him under the table again. "What the fuck, dude?"

"Mind your business." I growled.

Jack rolled his eyes and shook his head.

I glanced back at Khloe and I could tell straight away she felt guilty for me getting mad at Jack and she sighed and gave in, taking the half of the sandwich I had offered her. I smiled, relieved that she was actually eating something.

It was only when the lunch bell rang that I managed to get Khloe alone. We followed my friends out to the hallway and they scattered off, heading to their classes. That's when I turned to her.

"Where were you before you came to the cafeteria for lunch?" I asked her.

Khloe looked at me like she was surprised I had noticed she hadn't been in the cafeteria for at least thirty minutes after the bell for lunch had rung.

Khloe dragged one foot across the floor and shrugged. "Bathroom."

I narrowed my eyes at her, "doing what?" I asked.

Khloe rose her eyes, looking at me almost surprised. "What do you think I was doing, Charles?"

I rolled my eyes. "No ones in the bathroom for thirty minutes. You had to be doing something for that long."

Khloe glared at me. "Drop it, okay?" She snapped. "There's nothing I was doing in there that you should know about."

I shook my head. "Khloe, I'm getting really good at telling when you're lying. I can see right through this act. Talk to me. You know damn well you can tell me anything. Stop keeping secrets from me and just talk. I'm here, right now. I'm stood in front of you, wanting to know you're okay. So please talk to me? I need you to." I pleaded.

Khloe's eyes narrowed together. "When are you and the others going to learn that I'll talk when I want to talk? Stop demanding me to tell you things I haven't decided to tell you!" She growled, clearly getting annoyed at me. She was about to walk away, but I grabbed her arm, annoyed.

"Khloe, I'm not going to fight with you. You're doing it again — you're pushing me away because you're scared to talk to me. You have to talk. It's the only way out of it." I said, desperation coming through my voice.

Khloe stopped trying to pull herself out of my grip and stayed still for a moment. "I know." She whispered. "It's just a lot."

I nodded, reassuringly. "I get that, but I'd really appreciate it if you answered my questions when I ask you them. I'm not trying to pry or annoy you, but I need to know what you were doing." I said.

She nodded, but pulled her arm out of my hand. "I get that too... I just can't accept this." She said

I looked confused. "Accept what?" I asked, confused.