5. SoMo Sunday

Sunday Morning 10am

Vincent woke up feeling better than he's had in a long time. He eats a quick breakfast while checking his email about the casting call contestants on his tablet. The only person in the world who he would want to shoot the video with is Laurel. He wondered if she listened to his music, especially Ride, I Do It All For You, and We Can Make Love. His body thrummed with need on instinct thinking about Laurel. That just made him angry thinking about how if he hadn't slept with Miranda, they still could be together. He brushed the thought away as he read an email Shawn had sent last night.

It read as follows: Hey Loverboy, Here are the top eight contestants for the video shoot. I need you to start reading through them and narrowing down who looks good on paper. I'll be over later today to record the video for Somo Sunday. Here's the mix attached to the email. - Shawn P.S. - I think you'll like contestant number three. ;)

Vincent went into his studio and printed out the applications off of his laptop and left them in the printer tray. He burned the mix Shawn sent onto a cd on his computer and then went to a local gym nearby and worked out. If he was going to reunite with his first love, he didn't want to look like a depressed homeless man.

Afternoon - 1:00pm After three hours of working out, Vince leaves the gym and goes to a jewelry store nearby. The jeweler looks up at him with interest and asks "what can I help you with sir?" "Hi there. Do you have a gold locket that I can have engraved on the back? I need it to say, Forever I'll be yours." "Good choice Sir. It will be ready, by Wednesday this week." Vincent paid the deposit on the locket and headed home. He knows she'll love it and won't throw it back in his face like the last time.

1:30pm Shawn drove up to Vincent's apartment and rang the doorbell. "It's open!" Vince yelled from his bedroom. He came out in black jeans, a long sleeve shirt, and black vans. "Hey man. You've gotta stop wearing so much black dude, it's beginning to look like you're in mourning." "Whatever dude." Walking into Vince's studio, Shawn asked, "Have you decided on which girl will be your leading lady for the video?" Vince paused taking out the applications from the printer and sitting down. "Well there is one, I was thinking about number 7 Ms. Carlisle Watson and 3 Lauren Dawson as my top two. Contestants 2 and 5 are my alternates." Shawn nearly dropped his equipment at his mention of number 3. Vince noticed the slight change in his behavior and asked, "Dude are you okay?" "Yes I'm fine. You know you can only have one alternate after the final round right?" "Yes I know that already." "Good and besides I think that Ms. Watson reminds me of Taylor Swift or Jewel." "I feel that Ms. Dawson is more your type anyway." Vincent looked at her list of music inspirations which read: Usher, Boyz to Men, Whitney Houston, Ginuwine, Michael Jackson, JoJo, etc. "Whatever man lets record this video." Vince steps into the booth and they record Habits. And the end of the song all he can think about is Elle still, and hates that this concert is getting in the way of reconnecting with her. The part he liked least was deciding what songs he was to perform on stage. He really didn't want to have to serenade any fans either.

4:30pm Irritated beyond measure Shawn says, "We've been going back and forth with these songs for three hours! Can you please make a decision so that I can let the production crew know at the Garden?" "Alright what do you think about this?" "First we start with Kings and Queens, then Fire, Blind, Work Out, Power Trip, then the intermission. After intermission we do Body Party, Ride, Back to the Start, Young and Beautiful, All that Matters, Red Lighter, and the last song to close the show will be I Do It All For You."

Shawn was relieved that Or Nah wasn't in the line up otherwise there would be a slew of panties and bras thrown onstage. At one concert in Detroit, SoMo put a fan's red thong in the back of his pocket during the show and the crazy girl who threw it passed out. He didn't want to have that happen again. "That's a good list I'll email the production crew the list now." "I'll let you know about an hour before I post the video onto youtube ok." "Thanks man." As Shawn was picking up his gear a flashdrive fell out of his coat pocket and he didn't notice. When his back was turned Vincent picked up the memory stick and put in in his pants pocket. His curiousity got the better of him and he wanted to view the contents. At the front door Shawn said, "I'll see you later bro, remember that the casting call starts at 11am on Friday at Warner Studios in Brooklyn. Don't be late or hungover." "I'll be there on time don't worry."

5:00pm - Vincent shut the door and ran back to the studio. He plugged the flashdrive into his laptop and waited for it to load. "What's taking this thing so long!?" he said irritated. After a few more minutes it loaded and he clicked open and view files. There were three folders, the first was documents, the second was photos, but the third was what interested him the most. It was a music folder with the words Hunter Studios as the folder name. There were a few videos in the folder but he clicked on the one that said "Promise Ring" and clicked play. He couldn't believe his ears when Laurel started singing.

Later that Night around 10pm - Vince gets the message that Shawn will post the video at 11pm. He packs the last of his bags for the concert and takes a shower. In the shower all he could think about was her voice. He had no idea she could sing. But then again it couldn't be her because her hair was cut short in the video. It was her he was sure of it. Before he took a shower he read that two of her favorite love songs were Beautiful Distraction by JoJo, and the other was Keep Giving Your Love to Me by Beyonce. He looked them up and downloaded them onto his ipod to listen to later on.

Vincent got out of the shower and got into his pajamas; a gray tshirt and blue plaid pants. He laid in bed and waited for it to be 11pm. Since it was 10:30 he had time to kill he grabbed his notebook by his nightstand and started writing some new music. Before he knew it, it was 11pm and he logged onto You Tube. One comment he read surprised him about his Rendition of All that Matters, "I'm definitely putting this on my Ipod tonight because it was so much better than the original! Keep up the good work, forever a fan. - @TheMrsSomo He knew it was Laurel because she had a massive playlist on her ipod of almost all of his covers. He found out about it accidently when she told him SoMo was her latest celebrity crush.