Prologue

Aurelia first came into the manor at the age of nine, when her mother achieved to marry Duke Antall. Nobles close to the family couldn't accept that a commoner was remarried to a Duke. On events, Aurelia was always disdained by the others around her, mostly because of her lack of education and her bad manners. Seriously, this girl's low temper was always showing in cases she was being ignored or annoyed. The one who couldn't stand it more than anyone else, was Duke's son, Markus. He decided to only ignore his new little sister, even if he knew that a parasite like her shouldn't exist.

As the years passed by Aurelia started enjoying more and more her life as a noble. Her stomach was always full and she was getting precious presents from her stepfather. At first, she was getting mad at people's salty comments on her, but she learned to ignore them really quickly. In fact, this made her greedy for people's favor. Even if she couldn't care less about her manners, she soon realized that if she could win others, she could also manipulate them easily for her own proposes. At the age of fourteen, she had already mastered reading people and analyzing ways of making them fall from her hypocritical kindness. No wonder she seemed like a perfect little angel in the eyes of those who disdained her in the past.

Her improvement in her education didn't go unnoticed either. She believed that knowledge is power, so it wasn't rare for her to stay up late studying about the history of the country, reading literature, writing poems with pretty letters, playing the piano, and embroidering beautiful handkerchieves that typified flowers and patterns of her liking to give them later to her stepfather every time he was leaving for business trips.

She was so blinded by her new life, that she couldn't see her stepbrother getting more and more envious of her and thinking of her disappearance.

Hello, Darlings!
Keep in mind that English isn't my native language, so if you see any grammatical mistakes you can tell me in the comment section. 
I will be publishing whenever I have the time. Thank you for understanding, enjoy reading!