Chapter 13

"Your majesty, second and third units of the army were defeated too."
Dong Hua placed his head on his both hands, this new demoness was something much more than others, they were in the battlefield for the past three years and it seems like with every single step that they put forward she forced them back two steps. She was bloodthirsty and gave her soldiers what they wanted, anything they wanted, which means they have more spirit for fighting than god's side.
He was stock in this place for quite a while and the most effective answer was right in front of him but he gave himself an order to avoid that, why? He couldn't remember but it was his own decision, he even erased the reason too, so it must be of great importance.   
"Call for Mo Yan" he said finally. They needed a new plan, a more effective and different than others. The gentleman's way, which his companion insisted on, wasn't effective anymore.
The soldier came back with Mo Yan in a few minutes, he was a good assistant, Dong Hua hoped he would survive till the end of wars and join him in more peaceful days too. He shook his head to concentrate on the issue in hand, he offered Mo Yan the side seat and waited for him to be settled.
"I suppose you heard about two more losses?" Dong Hua asked in a cold voice, he was not going to argue this time, the message was clear in his voice.
Mo Yan hesitated but finally bowed his head: I do as your majesty command.
"good" Dong Hua answered, by the look on Mo Yan's face it was obvious he isn't satisfied with the result and Dong Hua didn't need his break down right now: "you did all in your power to keep the war in more civilized way, but one can't make the other goodness if them wish for pain"
”We lost lots of people in between, I'm guilty of that" Mo Yan said at last.
"I'm not here to clear your conscience, but if you fall in regret now you will have more to moan in the future." Dong Hua said, his face showing nothing but his voice had a hint of disappointment.
"I will pay for my sins later, for now I am at your command your majesty." Mo Yan stated, his voice powerful and full of confidence.
Dong Hua only agreed with him by a look before calling for other commanders to join them.
---
"Maybe I should go and erase my name from the rock" It was Mo Yan who said this after the meeting.
"His majesty never told why he changed his mind, but he confirmed there is an important reason that he even made himself forget it, so it's not wise for anybody else to do such a thing" Zhe Yan notified.
"Zhe Yan has a point, you think his majesty changed his plan on the last day for no good reason?" Bai Zhe joined the group with little Bai Yi in his arms.
"I'm not saying that, but there are so many lost because of my persistence, as a commander I should take the responsibility and if there is a cost I will pay it." Mo Yan said, regret obvious in his voice.
"There is no assurance if it's only you who will be involve or others as well, beside in battlefield the number is important but in what will come after, the mind is what I need most" Dong Hua said , his eyes captured Bai Zhe with his son when they were passing and he recalled his own words to protect the boy, he followed Bai Zhe to take a look at the son when heard the group chatting.
The others bowed and watched him as he watched the little boy. Bai Yi offered his son a confused look but Dong Hua told it's unnecessary and only kept his eyes on the boy.
What is so different with this child that he made himself to protect him? Little one had a frown on his face and was staring in Dong Hua's eyes boldly, does protecting him mean ending wars too? Well his both parents and big brother are at battlefield then maybe it was a necessity to end the war and ensure the wellbeing of the family. He was about to turn around and leave the group but at second thought waved his hand above the boy and gave him a protection shield made of his powers, as long as he has power the boy is fine.
"Your majesty" cried the older fox in gratitude and respect but Dong Hua was already heading away without another glance. He has to end this war and make it done as soon as possible.
"What was that? does he like babies?" asked Zhe Yan.
"I don't think so, he never showed any interest in my first son." Answered Bai Zhe, "just now he didn't make any connection with him either" he continued in amazement.
"He only put your child under his protection, anyone who has enough power can sense his aura around your son" Mo Yan said, already forgetting the strange sentences that Dong Hua addressed him with.
"I wonder" Zhe Yan pops out "if he put your child under his protection or just gave the poor child another red target?"
"Oh no!" Bai Zhe brought his son closer to himself.
---
Not long after the strange act of Dong Hua the protector shield shown itself useful, the first child of Bai’s reached the age of fight and was present at the battlefield for the first time, he was powerful thank to his fox blood but he was young too, he become too excited in a moment of attack that his tails pop out on their own and shown the real identity of him.
What happened made the young man a known target and since he wasn’t an easy one the attacks changed on his younger brother and in one of the most troublesome moments of battle, when everyone was engaged deeply, some of the demons sneak in Bai’s residence and killed the gourds in their search for the little child.
It happened then, when the dagger was about to cut the boy’s throat and drown out his blood that the shield activated on it’s own and blocked the attack, it also notified Dong Hua who appeared at once and killed the attackers in one move of his sword. 
Dong Hua looked at the child and found him staring back without any tear or scare in his eyes, shouldn’t a little child cry on this occasion? Well that was good, he didn’t like those who cry! He summoned Bai Zhe and told him to stay by his son: they are after him, keep him secure.
He told and vanished without further explanation. Bai Zhe starred in appreciate and shock, Dong Hua just saved his son and even excuse him of fight, he felt in depth with Dong Hua, a life depth, and as a fox he swore to pay him back, he summoned his son and trusted him with his brother to join the battle and assist his majesty.
In the next battles young fox was excused of fight and instead appointed as the guardian of his younger brother and battles go on this way until finally peace was reached and gods were owner of it.
Later on Dong Hua named as the lord of heaven and earth, he trusted Ching Chu to Bai Zhe and his clan, the demon lands to a trusted man yet with some terms to secure the peace agreement, Mo Yan take his part in Kunlun mountain and take as his duty to teach younger generations, Zhe Yan ignored everything related to realms, peace and war and make a home near Bai Zh’s lands, he planted blossom trees and increased his abilities on medical exams, but never shown interest in nursing others except for his old friends once a while.
Everything was fine, life peaceful, colors bright, heaven and earth in friendly terms, even demons made some progress with gods, and since in peace time there isn’t much to think and do lots of interest was focused on three most popular bachelor of realms which means the god of war Mo Yan, the high god Zhe Yan of ten mile of peach blossom and finally his majesty heavenly lord Dong Hua Dijun. Three men have such troubles that Dong Hua almost regret changing his mind and not erasing his fate of love. He was cold, his tongue harsh and his behavior rude but nonetheless young ladies of each generation fancies him and persuade him, colder he comes bolder they come! Zhe Yan always laughs and responds to girls that he is not ready yet, he never rejected anyone yet he never accepted either. The other one, Mo Yan, he always sent girls to Zhe Yan saying he is not capable of loving them properly and that Zhe Yan is a better choice.
The cycle goes on until the fourth son of Bai clan was born, till then Zhe Yan become the closest friend of Bai’s and always was welcome in their house, when little fox was introduced to him he sensed it in first sight, his phoenix blood was called and the son was named his match. He didn’t know his interest till that moment and was surprised more than others, but the deal was sealed, the phoenix magic and fox magic was already connected. He succeeded to hide the true face of his bond with the young fox for a while but once he was persuading with a fairy and Bai Zhen lost his temper, he showed a great deal of interest and feelings that call out Zhe Yan’s magic and so everyone found out.
What happened after that was a blissful life for Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen but a real headache for Dong Hua and Mo Yan. They lost one important member of the group, and they lost him to a boy which means from now on they have to deal with males the same as females.
There were lots of times that Dong Hua wanted to banish Zhe Yan and his fox, for them he had to look behind his head too. He tried his best to not be too harsh with girls but with boys, he drew them out of the palace in a worse manner than imagined, and Mo Yan had to displease half of his students thanks to that phoenix.
Things go on with trouble for respected gods but life was peaceful!!
____
Since the day Dong Hua’s shield protects the second son of the fox clan, people around him get in their concern to notify him about the child's wellbeing, this was the case till the child turns to a young suitable man, ready for taking his place on the throne and making a family of himself.
On the other side Dong Hua thought about the reason why he must take care of this boy and was convinced that he or his future child should have a great role in keeping peace, with this conclusion, he was obsessed about the wife he will choose and had in mind to take care of his children education, although he didn’t attend his wedding but he observed the young queen to be and found her acceptable and trustful.
Thanks to Bai Zhe no one knows about the shield, not even Bai Yi himself, only those who were witnesses knew it and they had their mouths shut completely. So he could keep the couple in watch secretly but they didn’t have any child while Dong Hua was on the throne and long after that too.
This was the case until one day, hundreds of thousands of years later he was informed that the first grandchild of the Bai clan is born, it’s a  princess and she is Bai Yi’s daughter. Dong Hua who was convinced that Bai Yi’s children are the main reason for his choices have the self-trust that he will foresee the future and finally found out what is the matter. But he needed some alone time with the little princess so he waited until all the parties were finished and all who wanted to came and said their prayers for the little fox were come and gone then he went to her himself. But it turned out Bai Zhe was so excited that he gave three months of celebration and Dong Hua only could reach Ching Chu after that.
----
Dong Hua was walking toward the fox cave, he was thinking of the information he just got; considering what he heard, the little princess of Ching Chu was a nine tailed red fox, a unique one indeed.
He was deep in his thoughts when a little furry red figure ran toward him, looking back of her head and yawping in excitement like someone is after her. Thankfully she turned her head right in time to see a tall person in front of her, she yawped again and jumped for him.
Dong Hua caught the little fox and saw her red nine tails, her eyes staring at him in an innocent look when her head was bent to one side, she blinked for several times before giving another single yawp. Dong Hua felt something warm right from his heart, pump to other parts of his body by his blood, he smiled a little and watched the little fox trying to free herself from him, instead of realizing her he took her in his arms and caressed her on behind of her ear which she immediately reacted to, she leans for his touch and make some low fox voices which make his blood pumping even faster.
“so you are the one I should protect little fox” Dong Hua said and placed her in a more comfortable position walking the opposite way of the fox cave with her in his arms.