xxviii

A/N: okokokok sorry I haven't updated in a while but I promise this is a good one.

Harry's POV:

I tapped my pencil fiddling with my guitar waiting for the lyrics to come to me.

I had been wanting to write for weeks but I have had writers block and it's killing me.

My phone buzzed, I picked it up half hoping for it to be Aria, but it wasn't. Surprise Surprise.

I missed her more than anything I've ever missed before.

I missed her long pretty hair, her gorgeous eyes, and the strawberry taste she had every time I kissed her.

I gasped.

bingo.

"Uhm....walk....in....your rainbow paradise...." I sang slightly as I strummed.

"Strawberry lipstick state of mind...." I continued strumming slowly. "I get so lost inside your eyes.....would you believe it?" I remembered that night. That last night I was with her. The night I fucked everything up. "You don't have to say you love me, you don't have to say nothing, you don't have to say, you're mine.....honey...." I sang, smiling slightly even though the lyrics have a sad meaning.

I hummed as I strummed looking for lyrics. "I'd walk through fire for you, just let me adore you...oh honey...." I hummed again, liking the way it sounded in the song. "I'd walk through fire for you, just let me adore you like it's the only thing I'll every do." I strum. It flows out so easy when you sing your feelings it's honestly insane. I pause and write down what I have before picking up my guitar again.

"Your wonder, under, summer skies." That night on the beach. "Brown skin and lemon over ice.....would you believe it?"

"You don't have to say you love me, you don't have to say nothing, you don't have to say, your mine. Honey." I hum to the rhythm again. "I'd walk through fire for you, just let me adore you, oh honey."

"I'd walk through fire for you, just let me adore you like it's the only thing I'll ever do....................like it's the only thing I'll ever do......." I stay silent, continuing to strum as I search for lyrics in my head, I then just decide to continue the chorus. "I'd walk through fire for you, just let me adore you. Oh honey......................Oh honey, I'd walk through fire for you, just let me adore you.........oh honey............just let me adore you like it's the only thing I'll ever do." I stop. I try to smile but it's impossible. I miss her more than anything right now.

Paper catches my eyes from the corner of the desk and without thinking a second though, I grab it.

Dear Aria....

.

.

.

.
Aria's POV;

Dried tears stuck to my face and I cuddled the pillow I wished was Harry. But it wasn't.

Kate knocked on the door and pushed it open slightly. "Hey." She says.

"Hey." I respond, sniffing a little.

"You got a letter in the mail, I'll just set it on your dresser for whenever."

"Thanks, Kate, I'll look later."

"Are you ok, Ar?" She asks me.

"Yeah, I'm really good, I think I might go sky diving later tonight, you wanna come?" I respond.

"That's great. Now the truth?"

"I'm fucking horrible and I wish I never dated Harry. I wish I kept it as a one night stand like it was supposed to be." I said.

"C'mere, honey." She says, sitting down on the end of my bed, and pulling me to sit up in her arms. "Men are assholes. And really only good for one real thing." She whispers.

"That doesn't help. Because he wasn't." I say, tears welling in my eyes again.

She sighs. "I know. I'm sorry. I'm not really good at this whole heartbreak stuff, I gave up relationships a long time ago."

"I know, and I thought I did too, but then Harry." Saying his name stung in my mouth. "I just wish he would text me."

"Well...I didn't say anything originally because I thought it would make you throw it away or something...but that letter is from Harry." Kate says, and I sit up immediately.

"What?!" I say, jumping out of bed and grabbing it off my dresser.

The main part of the envelope was simple,

Aria Townes
1137 Northern Drive Los Angeles CA *insert zip code here*

And then in the corner,

Harry Styles
(Text me when you get this)

I sigh and rip open the paper, pulling out another one.

Dear Aria,

Hey, How are you? I hope you're doing better than I am. I can't stand being away from you. I miss you more than anything and it's killing me because not only have you been so far away, but we don't text, or call, because I decided to be an asshole to you because I was afraid. It's a stupid reason I know. I'm so fucking sorry for what I did to you Aria, I miss you like fucking crazy though and I just wish I was home, cuddled next to you. That's all I want, and all I've ever wanted.

I love you, Aria, and I always will. Never forget that.

Yours Truly,

Harry.

Tears have welled up in my eyes as I frantically try and grab my phone from the side table and unplug it, scrolling down to his number.

To Harry
Sent at 9:42 am
I don't wanna be alone.

He replies almost instantly.

From Harry
Sent at 9:43 am
You got the letter?

To Harry
Sent at 9:44 am
Ya.

To Harry
Sent at 9:44 am
I don't want to be alone, Harry and you left me alone.

The letter pissed me the fuck off. More than I ever have been before.

From Harry
Sent at 9:45 am
I know baby, I'm so sorry.

Fuck him.

To Harry
Sent at 9:46 am
Don't call me baby again. I'm so done with your bullshit Harry, and you know I have reasons.

From Harry
Sent at 9:47 am
I know you do, I'm sorry. Please don't break this off. Please don't break us off. I love you and I'm not sure I'd do very well without you.

I gotta admit. That one hurt. That one hurt because I felt the same way. I knew I wouldn't do very well without him. I know I haven't been doing well without him so what would it change? It wouldn't, it would probably make it worse knowing there was no Harry and Aria anymore. It would hurt worse knowing there would never be anymore goodnight kisses, or good morning kisses, there would be no more milk shakes at Wesley's diner, there would be no more Beachwood. There would be nothing, just something that ended up being nothing. And maybe that's what Harry and I were destined to be. But I think that what we had was special. And special is worth trying for.

Right?