She didn't even make it a full minute by herself before a harsh gripping hand covered the majority of her wrists and twisted her body so it collided with an alley wall. She winced in pain as her back clashed with the hard bricks, a bruise would be forming there for sure.

Levi leaned in closely, "Since when did it ever occur to you that walking away from me when I'm speaking to you, is a good idea?"

He sharply gazed into her eyes, a displeased frown taking up his whole indestructible frame. Novia stayed silent as the fear overran her shocking nerves again. She hadn't felt his closeness in awhile, it was almost foreign.

Even if it was in an ironic setting, she couldn't help but have a small appreciation for his touch...she mentally slapped herself for having these perverted thoughts. She knew if she kept this kind of thinking up, it would only land her in more wrenching heartbreak.

"Let go of me!" Novia panicked, her heart and mind  at a war with each other...no feeling was on the same page as she struggled to get Levi to loosen his grip.... it was the only way to dismiss these tempting thoughts.

Deep down, no part of her wanted him to release her. Mad at him or not, his touch was effervescent.

"It's been awhile since I've heard you speak this ill-mannered towards me. Do you ever learn your lesson?" Levi's heart and mind were similarly not matching up to a complete thought either. The guilt in his mind for giving Novia such mixed signals sank in deep. He was aware of how dangerously close he was to her. Something about her drew him in everytime. He repeated to himself over and over to keep away from her, yet he recognized his own disobedience to himself as he pursued his reckless actions anyways.

As Novia turned her head and screwed her eyes shut to avoid his intense eye contact, he leaned over, teasingly licking her outer ear lobe, nipping at it. Her ears felt feverishly hot, Levi now mindful of her mutual excitedness. He opened his eyes to gaze at her exasperated expression, but instead he sensed a soulful discomfort from her....

"Open your eyes..now."

She ignored his request....

Things had to stop now if she wanted to dissolve the disaster that was creeping its way on the horizon....... No.

It was too late.... the anger was seizing inside her all at once. All the different feelings she couldn't control boiling to the surface. His indecisiveness. His pushiness. His affection. His dominating sensation. Petra suddenly being in the picture. The whippings. All of it, finally sending her over the edge.

"Captain....let go of me NOW! I can't take it! I CAN'T....you're making me lose my fucking mind. I hate you for making me feel this emotionally confused..... You pushed me away. YOU DID. And now you just go and do whatever you want right like it's nothing.....after probably FUCKING PETRA-"

Novia stopped herself. Out of breath....her chest heaving up and down from the adrenaline. She realized how out of control her temper was...something she usually never felt with.

She was terrified at Levi's cynical silence. At the same time though, she didn't care, tonight she was spending her evening with Eren...no matter what or who tried to stop her. At this point, she knew another punishment was coming anyways. Nothing new.

Levi was utterly speechless from witnessing Novia's little blow up. Yes....she was somewhat right. It was wrong for him to toy with her feelings, but this slight sympathy was overthrown by the astonishment of how she completely disregarded his authority. No one talked to him like that. Ever. He wanted to beat the shit of her right there. He remembered they were still outside..so he refrained forming causing any type of scene.

He let go of Novia's wrists. Instead, he grabbed the back of her neck harshly with his one hand, reaching for the blade at his side with the other. He gradually held it the blade to Novia's neck, her body pressed into his forcefully. She whimpered at the feeling of the cold metal grazing her. He didn't pierce her skin at all, he just slowly dragged it across her body as she stood there, frozen.

Levi whispered in her ear. "I won't punish you outside...but just know you will never treat me with such disrespect again. I am aware of all the choices I decide to make... you are a cadet. Know your place Novia."

He cleared his throat, giving Novia full instructions.

"Here's what you are going to do: I'm taking Hange back home to get her situated in bed right now. After that, I want you in my office at exactly ten thirty....no exceptions. Do. you. understand. me."

Novia shook her head in acknowledgement. His voice contained such hostility and belligerence. Every time Novia thinks she has never seen Levi so angry, something happens that sets the bar a little higher every time.

Without warning he released her, retracting his blade and she drew a breath, falling to her knees and caressing her throat once again. Levi left without another word, stroding so fast, before Novia could regain the strength to stand up he was already gone.

......

As Novia turned the corner and approached the bar, she took a deep sigh, trying to fixate herself to not look as distraught as possible. She should've never agreed to come out tonight. Like she predicted.....chaos only followed her everywhere. Levi was now aware Novia knew he was messing with Petra, so that didn't help anything, it only made things worse. He didn't address the accusations, so Novia realized there was some bitter truth to it.

Novia had no intention of going to the captain's office tonight...she lied....She had made a promise she intended on keeping. Plus, she was so deep in the hole of trouble that she didn't care what happened to her anymore. As long as Eren stayed out of the skewed mayhem that was her life, what happened to her was worth every second.

As she went to pull the door open, Jean concurrently stumbled out, along with Connie and Eren. Connie had a passed out Sasha on his back, dragging her over to the carriage.

"Where have you been?" Eren worryingly said, a slight annoyance in his tone.

"I ended up taking a little walk, but it's fine...I'm okay now." Novia reassured him, by squeezing his arm. She gave him an innocent look, signifying she hadn't forgotten about their deal and was impatiently ready. Eren gave her an understanding sly smirk....He turned his attention to Jean and Connie.

"We'll catch up with you guys later, okay?"

Jean and Connie exchanged worryingly suspicious looks, "We have to be back in like ten minutes guys, you sure you want to risk getting in massive trouble?" Novia spoke up this time. "I'll take my chances....I appreciate your guy's concern though," She said assertively. Connie and Jean shrugged their shoulders, giving up on even trying to make up an argument.

As they parted ways with a good amount of distance, Connie called out again, "Be careful guys, don't get into too much mischief!"

"Okay we won't!" Novia called back. Eren leaned over, cynically whispering in her ear. "Aw come on, we both know that was such a lie," He smirked. She gazed up at him, with a mirroring smile.

"Just take me to wherever you had in mind already."

.....

Okay do I even need a warning for what's going to happen in the next chapter? Lol 👀

I'm working so hard on it, so just keep them notifications turned on! Appreciate all the reads I just refreshed it and we're at 83k! Damn... thats insane Tysm!

I hope you all are still liking Relentless! Ily and we'll speak again very soon,

xx,

Rey<3