Prologue

Ashley

Unexpected things happens all the time. It is inevitable because it's part of life.

I still remember those times. The fun and joy it gave me. I was able to experience something new that made me standing here, guided by the memories it gave me. Happy or sad, it all gave me memorable moments that is worth to be treasured.

"Ashley... Ashley! ASHLEY!"

I felt my body being shaken by someone. I slowly opened my eyes and a girl with her glasses is the first thing I saw.

I panned my head to my right and saw moving vehicles as well as people walking to their own destinations.

Nasaan ako? Nasa loob ng isang black subaru kasama ang aking editor. Papunta kami sa SHARE publishing house para makipagnegotiate tungkol sa ipupublish kong book.

Yes, I am a writer of the said publishing house. I am one of the youngest writers in that publishing house that was given an opportunity to share my talent to the country.

Hindi ko piniling maging international writer dahil hindi ko gustong magsulat ng puro english lang. Nakakadugo kaya ng ilong.

"Malapit na ba tayo?" Tanong ko sa katabi ko. Napatingin siya sa akin at nakita kong inaayos niya ang pagkaka-bun ng kanyang buhok. She's not wearing her glasses yet and I say that she's more attractive without the glasses. "Why did you wake me?"

"It seems like you were just about to have a bad dream." She replied. She's now cleaning the lenses of her glasses. "As for the location, malayo pa tayo. By the way, you might want to wipe the tear that came from your eye."

"Tear?" I naturally raised my hand and wiped both my eyes. I didn't felt anything wet in my right eye but in my left, there was.

I only chuckled.

Instead of picking my phone to scroll and wait 'till we get to our destination, I picked up the draft of my story to be published and opened it to the first page.

"Ilang beses mo na ba iyan binasa?" Tanong sa akin ni Althea. That's the name of my editor. Althea Marice Gallego. "Oh nevermind. Just proceed."

"Thank you for understanding, Althea." I smiled at her. "You truly are my best editor."

"Yes, yes."

~Signature~

Disclaimer:

This story is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, some places and events, locales, and incidents are based from the author's imaginations. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events and others is purely coincidental.

Content Warning:

This story may contain the contents of violence, bad languages, self-harm, and others that might trigger something to the readers.

Short Advice:

Read at your own risk.

-ImMorana