Chapter-19|Allure

Start from the beginning

"We won't know until we don't ask." Riley said in my ear from behind me.

"Yeah, and they are definitely gonna tell you straight up." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, come on, this is a club. Hot people pick hot people here all the time. Back me up, Dani." Riley said just as we slid back into the booth beside the guys.

Dani went straight to sit beside Mason. Riley, who was standing closest to Noah, slid beside him, leaving me to sit beside Ethan, which was the last place I wanted to be right now considering all I could think about is how badly I wanna tear apart his clothes.

As soon as I sat down, I could feel the heat radiating off of his body. He was wearing an all-black outfit which was matching my black dress. If only he was wearing red lipstick, like me.

"I can't say anything. If she doesn't want to be picked, it's her choice. Anyway, you could still dance with him. One of them looked pretty hooked on you." Dani cleared me and instead shifted the focus back on Riley, likely knowing why I said what I said.

"Who's picking up whom?" My very reason for playing the guys off spoke up.

"There were these really hot guys eyeing Iris up and she decided not to approach them and come back here so they couldn't approach her." Riley said, rolling her eyes like she couldn't get why I blew them off.

Noah and Mason instantly stopped the conversation they were having. Now I had the attention of the whole table. Five very nosy people waiting for me to explain.

"Well, I never said they couldn't approach me." I diverted the answer and instead decided to fuck with Ethan's mind. I dared not turn to see his face because I could feel the holes he was burning in the side of my head.

"Yeah right. They would never come here. I mean just look at these three very intimidating men sitting around you." Dani scoffed.

"Aww, it's sweet you think we are intimidating." Noah said, pulling Dani's cheeks.

"Yeah, only to those who haven't seen you cry at the end of The Notebook." Riley said, teasing him about the one time we made him watch the notebook and he ended up crying in the end.

"I did not cry. Reed threw popcorn in my eyes." Noah grumbled, using the same excuse as he did the last time.

"I did not. Stop lying about me." I said, pointing my finger at his face.

"You did."

"I did not."

"You definitely did."

"I fucking did not."

"Okay! Stop, you two!" Mason boomed loudly, instantly silencing both of us, while the other three burst out laughing.

"Okay, let's cheers to the win tonight." Dani said, picking up her vodka shot while the boys picked up their beer bottles except for Ethan, who had his coke in his hand because he was the driver for the night. I wasn't keen on getting too drunk tonight, so I just had one shot while the others had two shots each.

"To these really sweet guys who think they are intimidating!" Dani said as we all clicked our glasses. Pulling back my glass, I knocked back my shot but cringed at the aftertaste. I don't know why I still drink vodka. Probably because it works fast.

Knocking both of her shots back, Dani suddenly stood up and turned to look at Mason, who was amusedly staking a sip of his beer.

"Come on, babe. I wanna dance. Let's go!" With that, she took Mason's hand in hers and literally dragged him away, getting lost in the crowd.