/0:5/

/0:5/

Do you ever wonder why you do stuff? Stuff that you know is bad but you don't stop? Stuff that could potentially hurt other people? Yeah, well Ethan obviously doesn't think that way. He'd came back at the end of the month with what was most likely the most horrific news possible.

"I've got a semester left anyways, it'd be dumb to not get to know the people paying for my college education." He argued staring at us as we all looked like fish out of water.

"So, you want to move in with your birth parents?" Quinn asked

"Yeah, and before you say I'm just doing this because of this one visit, it's not. My mother, she's having a baby. She already has another son. I have real siblings."

"Real?" I asked, hurt he would use blood as an excuse for the word family.

"Peyton Elizabeth calm down." My father warned.

"Were we reals when helped you with all those science projects? Were we real when we were there for you when Livy fucked your best friend?" I asked anger filling my voice.

"Peyton Elizabeth! That is enough. Go to your room, now!" My father yelled shaking the room we were in.

"You know what? Go ahead and go. Go live with your real family. Better them than me." I said before walking to my room. I dropped on my pillow and closed my eyes. my chest tightened as I cried and screamed angrily. I couldn't be mad at him though. I mostly envied him. We all grew up with these strangers who taught us right from wrong. They abolished any bad thoughts we'd ever had and made it easier for us. They established a rule base but they never fully loved us. We all had to love each other. First it was just Ethan and I. Then we adopted Quinn. Pictures masked to the wall showing what could be called a Kodak family. All smiles with pretty eyes and gorgeousness. It was all a joke now though. It was all a great misunderstanding. If I'd known this whole sibling love thing was a joke I would have stayed platonic.

"Peyton? Can I come in?" I heard Ethan ask. I heard footsteps and then a space near me sunk.

"You know I didn't mean that, you will always be my sister." He said.

"Yeah, I'll always be the girl you lived with until your real family came in." I muttered sitting up.

"I'm going for the kid." He said. I turned my head to face him. His eyes were on the carpet I had laid down years ago.

"The newborn?" I asked unsure of why this was an issue.

"Regina, my birth mother, was talking to a drug dealer last weekend. I can't let anybody know. That baby isn't safe in that house." He said looking up at me. His eyes looked old and tired, his forehead was exposing little likes of stress on it.

"That baby isn't your responsibility. Ethan, you can't take care of that baby alone." I said seriousness in my voice. He ran a hand through his hair.

"You know, sometimes when I'm alone. I like to imagine us in different situations. Ones where we aren't sad like this. This little baby is me. I need to go back and help this boy like others should have for me." He says.

"What about college? How are you going to support him?" I asked thinking about the horrors of raising a kid on my own.

"I don't know. Livy's dad owns a chain of Babies R Us in Vermont. I've got some money saved up from holidays. I'll have enough for the down payment on a small apartment. Livy and I will rotate in morning and night classes. Get jobs." He mumbled.

"Why don't you tell mom and dad?"

"And get Regina arrested? I've already thought about that. If my plan doesn't go like I hope then I don't want that baby in the system." He said harshly rubbing his forehead.