07 | Dreaming in a Nightmare

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Damn. Let's go, Daz! Stop sobbing!"
The blonde male started walking away from them.

"Eren. When the fighting gets fierce, come find me or Eri." Mikasa stepped closer to their friend, roughly pulling the younger girl with her.

"Huh?" Eren retorted, "You and Eri and I are on different teams!"

"Plans will fall apart in the chaos of the battle. But I will protect you." Mikasa insisted as she leaned forward slightly.
Elysia took a step back, letting them do their thing.

"What are you saying-"

"Trainee Ackerman... You're being specially moved to rearguard. Follow me." A higher ranking soldier approached the three, making both Mikasa and Eri gasp.

"B-But I'll only slow them down!" Mikasa lied. Everyone present knew that she was lying.

"I'm not asking your opinion. The evacuation's falling behind. We need as many skilled soldiers overseeing civilians as possible." The blonde man turned around and started walking away.

"B-But-" Mikasa was about to follow him, but was stopped by a headbutt from none other than Eren.

"Hey! Enough, Mikasa... Don't you freak out, too! Humanity is in danger of being wiped out. What you want doesn't matter!" He yelled at her, and Eri had to admit it stung, even though it wasn't directed towards her at all.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking clearly. But I do have one request. Please... Don't die." Mikasa tugged on Eren's uniform slightly, before he swatted her away and motioned to Eri to follow him, since they've been assigned to the same group.
She glanced at Mikasa's frozen state, before petting her shoulder and walking after Eren.

"Stay safe, Mikasa."

Mina, Armin, Eren, Thomas, Elysia and two others were standing on a rooftop in the middle of Trost.

"Hey Eri, Armin... Isn't this a great chance? If we're successful here, before even joining the Survey Corps, we'll definitely rise quickly through the ranks!" Eren boasted, looking at his friends with a grin.

"Yeah, you're right."
Elysia looked from Eren to Armin, and back to Eren with a stoic expression.
"Don't get ahead of yourself, Eren."

He only sent her a side glare, deciding not to respond.

"Just to be clear, a lot of people want to join the Survey Corps this time around." Mina spoke up, making them turn their heads.
Mina was a pretty girl, with dark hair that she always wore in two low ponytails.
Her hair kind of reminded Elysia of Carla..

"You got the best of me earlier, but not anymore." Thomas added.

"You think so, Thomas?"

"Then let's see who can kill more Titans."

Eri frowned, her eyes still set on Armin and Eren.
Don't they remember.

Armin noticed her staring, and quickly sent her a apologetic smile, and patted her head.
"Don't worry, Eri-Chan. We'll be fine."
A pink hue spread across her cheeks as she slightly widened her eyes.
"Hopefully."

"Team 34, advance! Support the vanguard!" A man from a rooftop nearby yelled at them, resulting in Armin turning away from Eri.

"Okay, let's go!" Eren yelled to his comrades, before the seven of them advanced forward, ready to kill the Titans and protect the city.