Refill

"Mmm, I love Chinese food! They're the best." Lola muttered with her mouth full of pizza. Bugs, who sat from across her, just continued to eat, not even bothering to correct her. They'd gone to Pizzariba many times on their dates before, but she still seemed convinced it was Chinese food.

As they ate, little brown mouse rushed to their table with a pitcher of iced tea in his tiny hands. "Enjoying your carrot pizza, Señor Bugs?" Speedy inquired in his signature Mexican accent. "Would you like a refill?"

"The pizza's great, thanks." Bugs replied, resting his arm on the chair. "And no refill for me."

"What about you, Lola? Refill?" Speedy turned to the blonde bunny, who was making noises with her mouth whilst she licked the pizza crumbs from her gloves. Realizing that Speedy had said something, she froze. "I'm sorry, what?"

"He was asking if you wanted a refill." Bugs repeated it for Speedy.

"Oh no thanks, I already have one!" Lola said.

Both Bugs' and Speedy's eyes drifted over to her empty glass, confusion written on their faces. "Where is it?" Bugs asked.

"Where's what?"

"The refill."

"Ah! Well I got it right here in my purse..." Lola reached into her purse, rummaging through all of the items she had. After a few seconds, she started to pull something out. Something long, metal and tube-like. Bugs and Speedy continued to watch until she finally got it out. "Here it is!"

The two men gulped in alarm as their eyes got fixated on the rifle pointed at them. "LOLA! What are you doing with that?!" Bugs pushed the rifle down, looking around to see if anyone had witnessed it. "Do you even have a license for that?"

"You need a license for this? Ugh, you need a license to do everything. Driver's license, business license, ballon blowing license. What's next, breathing license?" Lola chattered on.

"Lola, you better put that gun away! You're in a public restaurant, MY restaurant!" Speedy reprimanded her, his finger pointed at her nose. "Why did you even bring that out?"

"You guys asked me where my refill was, so I showed it to you!" Lola responded as if the question didn't make sense to her.

"That's not a refill, that's a rifle." Bugs corrected, despite knowing that it probably won't help.

"Must be a language barrier then. I swear, Spanish and English are so similar." Lola muttered while she stuffed the gun way back down into her tiny purse. How it fit inside was anyone's guess.

"Just make sure you don't shoot anyone." Speedy rubbed his forehead before running off to tend to the other customers.

As soon as he left, the two rabbits both reached for another pizza slice at the same time, their gloved hands making contact with each other. Looking down, they realized there was only one slice left and they flinched. "Sorry bun-bun, you go ahead and take the last slice." Lola motioned for him to take it.

"No no, it's okay, I wouldn't be able to call myself a gentleman if I took the last slice." Bugs refused the offer, waving his hand dismissively. He gently pushed the dish towards his girlfriend, who giggled in response. "That's sweet, but I know carrot pizza is your favorite.  I can't just take it away from you." She pushed the plate back to him.

"I know, which is exactly why I want you to have it." He pushed the plate back. "I love you too much to take away the pizza you love." Lola pushed it back again.

"I love you more than this pizza."

"Me too, which is why I'm willing to let you have it."

"You take it."

"No, you take it."

"Take it." Bugs' voice grew more stern.

"YOU take it." Lola's tone now matched Bugs.

"Lola, just take it." Bugs leaned towards her, his elbow resting on the table.

"No, you take it!" Lola's loud outburst attracted the attention of the entire restaurant.  All eyes were now on the looney little couple. Including Porky, who was seated at a table near them.

"YOU TAKE IT!" Bugs exclaimed.

"NO, YOU TAKE IT!" Lola stood on the table, shoving the plate in Bugs' face.

"Um, if n-n-neither of you want it, m-m-maybe I could have it..?" Porky stuttered.

"NO!" Bugs and Lola screamed in unison.

"TAKE. IT." Bugs growled.

"NO, YOU TAKE IT!" Lola screeched as she took out her rifle and pointed it at Bugs, who jumped in surprise.

The customers who were looking at them began to panic at the sight of the rifle. Screams erupted, tables were flipped, people were fleeing, and a frantic little Speedy was trying to keep things calm and orderly. "Dear customers, please let's all just calm down, ah? There is no need to panic!"

Right after he said that, the restaurant door flew open and in came Yosemite Sam whose jaw dropped after seeing Lola with a rifle. "I didn't know there was a shootin' party here at Pizzariba!" he then took out his guns and began to shoot, laughing vigorously as the chaos around him continues to unfold.

~~~

Lola and Bugs sat quietly at their table, their eyes refusing to meet. Bugs had been pretty ticked off at Lola for getting them banned from Pizzariba for a week. It was supposed to be for a month, but since the owner knew Bugs, he was given a lighter penalty. But if Lola were to ever pull a stunt like that again, they would most likely get a permanent lifetime ban.

"So Lola, what have you learned from that experience?" Bugs decided to break the ice and watched as Lola fumbled with her fingers.

"I've learned that you're not supposed to pull out guns in random places..." Lola muttered.

"And?"

"And I learned that guns can scare people..."

"What else?"

"I also learned...that YOU should have gotten that last slice." Lola pointed at an exasperated Bugs, shaking his head.

"You have to promise not do do anything like that again, okay?" Bugs took her hands with a serious look on his face. "It's dangerous."

"Oh, alright. I won't." Lola sighed, playing with the straw of her drink. "The things you do for love..."

"Thank you." Bugs smiled in relief. He turned his head to the right and spotted a waitress coming towards them, probably to ask them if they needed anything else.

"Hello sir, may I take this empty dish now?" the waitress asked, to which Bugs permitted. Then she turned to Lola. "And miss, would you like a refill?"

Bugs' eyes widened in realization as he frantically interrupted before Lola could say anything. "Oh! Haha, no thanks, she would NOT like a refill!"

"What are you talking about, of course I do!"

"No you don't, Lola!" Bugs said through gritted teeth.

"Yes I do, I'm super thirsty!" Lola replied and turned to the waitress. "Please do get me a refill, miss."

At this, the waitress nodded and began to walk away. Meanwhile Bugs sat there, stunned. "But I thought..?"

"What? It's just a refill, bun-bun. It's not that complicated."