when you were back at his classroom, he was basically hanging off of you. his arms were wrapped around you and his head slumped down on your shoulder as you walk. it felt strange when he let go of you and disappearing into class 1. you missed his touch. you missed everything and it's been less than a minute. tsumugi's question ran through your head again. 

you miss them even if you just saw them.

it was just one of their stupid symptoms. you can't say you have the flu just because you coughed. you were going to need more proof than that. 

you are not in love.

----

21:17

it was dark now, you had nothing better to do so you just curled up into a ball on your bed. your phone illuminated the room as you got a new notification. 

bokuto

HEY

y/n

Hi.

bokuto

important question

y/n

Ask away.

bokuto

are you busy next weekend?

y/n

What day?

bokuto

preferably saturday? 

y/n

I don't think I have anything. Why?

bokuto

prelims are coming up and i want you to be there.

can you come for me?

the words made your heart race. i want you to be there. it was what he wanted. he wanted you to be there. he wanted you there for him. no one else, just him. it wasn't a big deal, he just wanted to have his friend watch him at an important game. you were probably just looking into it too much to make yourself feel better. it was insignificant, but a small part of you just kept whispering, "what if there's more to it?" what if he didn't want just his friend to watch him? maybe he wanted you in particular, not just some ordinary friend. you often ignored that voice, afraid it might delude you. you wanted to believe it, but you didn't want to chase a pointless dream. that didn't stop you from going to his game though.

y/n

I'll make it.

bokuto

YOURE THE BEST😁

kana can come if she wants too

im sure konoha wont be too opposed to that😏😏

y/n

I'll make sure to ask her.

bokuto

welp i wanna go on a jog in the morning so i should sleep

ill ttyl ok?😊

bye bye❤️

miss you 😘

y/n

Bye. I miss you too.🙂 💖

that text sent you for a loop. it made your stomach fill with that perfect emptiness again. you just wanted to hear him say it to your face. you'd never missed him more than you did now.

"miss you"