Pretending (Part Three)

BARRY POV:

It has been five months since the day we invented our relationship and the truth is that even today, we have not yet decided to tell either the truth or end this relationship. If you ask me why we are still lying, my answer is quite simple, but also quite complex ... I don't know!

Three weeks ago, we received a piece of news that I still don't quite know how to classify, that is, I don't know if it is good or not. Eddie asked Iris to marry him. But what is bothering me the most is not the fact that they are getting married, but how I reacted when they told me. Honestly, I thought this news would affect me more than it did.

If I had received this news a few months ago, it would have been devastating because it was more than proven that I was going to lose the love of my life, but now it was as if I didn't want to know anymore. Strange! Very, very strange indeed!

At this very moment, I was arriving at Caitlin's house to go and have dinner at Joe's house together. There, with us, there would also be Eddie, Iris, Wally and Cecile, who was Joe's new girlfriend. Cecile is a district attorney of Central City . When we got to Joe's house everyone was there except Wally, who had gone to buy dessert at a pastry shop that was only ten minutes away. This pastry had the best pies in Central City, and my favorite was the chocolate ganache and raspberry pie.

Pie:

              As soon as Wally got home, dinner started and between the main course and dessert, we knew what the real purpose of this dinner was

- I was thinking a lot about this subject and I would like very much that you, Barry and Wally, accepted to be my groomsmen. What do you say? Will you accept the invitation? "Asked Eddie, smiling.

- I accept, of course yes.- I replied showing a sincere smile. Wow! I just agreed to be the best man for the man who is going to marry the love of my life and I didn't even feel bad about it ... I must be really losing my mind.

- Yes.- Wally replied smiling.

"Caitlin, will you be my maid of honor?" Asked Iris, smiling.

- Me? Isn't there anyone else you'd rather be in that position? "Asked Caitlin, surprised by the question.

- I'm sure I want it to be you. The truth is that I don't have many friends and even if I did, I think you are the ideal person for this position.- replied Iris smiling.

"So it would be an honor to be your maid of honor". replied Caitlin, smiling.

- Cecile, I would like it a lot if you were my second maid of honor.

- Of course, angel.

- Well now that this matter is solved, how about if we start eating the beautiful pie that is on the kitchen counter? - Joe asked smiling.