And Now, Back To Your Regularly Scheduled Programing!

After the events of that afternoon, you had sprinted to work as fast as you could in your kitten heels. Surprisingly, you had made it by the skin of your teeth with a few seconds to spare. As you walked back to your desk, your (E/C) eyes spotted three large stacks of reports sitting on your desk.

With all the recent killings going on around town, most reporters in the area took this as an opportunity to kiss the asses of the higher-ups in order to get a better position, and given the fact that you were once a reporter/copy editor at one point in time, you knew what it was like to want to get that big scoop before anyone else could. Also you were a woman.

So yeah, you knew a thing or two about kissing asses...

Refraining a sigh and ignoring the growling of your stomach, you sat down at your desk and got back to work. For the next three hours, you typed and typed. Fixing the mistakes of some amateur and filling in the many blanks of information from the reports that were assigned to you, you found a sense of peace as the chatter of various reporters, chef bureaus, and news editors clashed with the sounds of the typewriters and the printing press downstairs in the attic.

It was the little things like this that made you like your job. For eight hours, each day, everyday, you had the luxury of feeling like everyone else. To feel normal and accepted, like you were a part of something that was truly amazing. The fact that everyone else was too caught up in their own business to worry about yours, was absolute bliss.

The newspaper office was your safe haven and you treasured that, for not many people had it like you,and even if they did, they'd know that everything always returned back to normal when you walked outside and the bliss could never last forever.

There would always be those who wouldn't hesatant to remind you of your place..

The eyes of the people felt like they were always on you and most times that was the case. Irises of all hues would stare at you as you went about your day, sometimes out of curiosity, occasionally out of wonder, but mostly out of hate.

You never bragged about your secretary position or anything of the sort in public, because these were the eyes that would instantly begin to judge you. The malice they held never ceased to shut you up and the fear they struck through your heart always reminded you of how you...

No...

Nevermind...

The sound of a bell ringing quickly broke you out of your mind. Signalling that it was time for the 3pm shift to get out and go home. You smiled happily at the thought of leaving work on time, usually you would stay overtime that you didn't get paid for in order to finish all your work. It prevented the many stacks of papers you received a day from piling up on you, plus it kept the boss off of your back so it was worth not getting paid for.

But today would have to be an exception, you started your new job at the nearby radio station today and you wanted to look your best for first impressions.

The three hour shift at the radio station didn't start until 6pm and you did have some important errands to run during that time, therefore you would have enough time to do what you needed to do in a timely manner while still being able to make it into the station on time.

So that's what you did.

First, you ran to the local market to pick up some little this's and that's that you needed in your house. You didn't bother with getting milk or bread because the milk man and the bread man would deliver those to your house by tomorrow afternoon. Secondly, you stopped by Tiana's Café for a quick bite and a chat, but Tiana had already left for her second job shift when you arrived. So you enjoyed your beinghts and cup of green tea alone. Third, you went by Joe's Cleaners to pick up the dress you had bought last week for your new job. And lastly, you returned home where you put your groceries away and did a bit of tidying up around your place.