1- power play

"(Y/N) I hope you're listening to me"

"Oh yeah, I'm listening, Zeke."

You were not listening to your older brother. Instead, you mindlessly scrolled through your Instagrams DMs hoping to find something interesting. Most of them were brand deals and public figures like models and actors hoping to ask you out.

"Repeat what I said then." Zeke was tired. You looked up from your phone and sheepishly smiled causing Zeke to sigh and look back at the road.

"Dad wants to meet up tonight. He has something important to discuss with the entire family."

Entire family- that could only mean one thing: Carla and Eren were going to be there. Although, Carla was your stepmother, she didn't love you and Zeke any lesser than Eren no matter how awkward it got during Mandatory-Family-Dinner Monday.

Eren wasn't close to you and Zeke but you guys cared enough to wish each other during your birthdays. He lived with Carla and Grisha before moving out. He went to Columbia with his other group of friends like a normal 19 year old. You envied him for having a complete family.

At first, both you and Zeke blamed him from stealing your father but soon realized that it wasn't the poor boy's fault. It was your asshole dad's.

"He's gonna give us another lecture about his legacy. I'm gonna skip, sorry. Tell them I had to study with Pieck or something. We already see each other every Monday and I'll go insane if I see him twice a week."

"I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do. My hands are tied and so are his."

You raise your brows. Grisha Jaeger and weak? What ever happened to being one of the most powerful people in New York?

"What are you talking about?"

"I wanna tell you more but we're already at your school." Zeke gets out of his car and walks to your side to open the door. "Also, you're expected to dress 'appropriately.' I don't know what he means by that but please don't wear anything Pieck gives you." You roll your eyes at Zeke. "I'll think about it," you answer as you get out of his Rolls Royce.

Classic Jaeger conservatism it its finest. Zeke was the victim of your dad's extreme preaches about image and power. You kind of felt bad because he pleased your dad to protect you from the extremes of being a Jaeger in the spotlight. Your dad was an asshole but Zeke would never admit it out of his loyalty towards him.

"Alexander Wang Mascha boots. Nice." You were greeted by a very smiley Pieck when you entered your first class for the day. "The same Chanel tweed suit but in yellow. Nice." Pieck scoffed at your comment and handed you your usual morning coffee.

"Am I even a fashion student if I don't own at least five of these?"

"Don't worry because your stupid remarks about my fishnets are enough to let the entire world know you are one."

"I'm sorry but we aren't in 2014 anymore." She took a sip of her iced black coffee. How she even drinks that is beyond you. That drink is the most bitter thing in the entire universe. But, Pieck wouldn't be Pieck without it. Her personality was snarky and passive aggressive but it was just how she showed that she cared about you.

She was also known to be super opportunistic and bossy, and that, for some reason, was a turn on for pro football player Porco Galliard.

•••

After your classes got over for the day, the two of you decided to meet up with your mutual friends: Reiner and Annie.

"I don't get it, Pieck. If you like him back then why can't you just go out with him?" Reiner asked as he stuffed his mouth with the fries Annie ordered.