"Come at me with everything you've got!"

The adrenaline was the only thing that kept Shoto going. He didn't know how much his feelings were affecting him right now. But he couldn't put himself to believe the words that came out of the younger's mouth. "Did my damn old man buy you off or something?"

Shoto's movements became slower, he just couldn't think straight.

It wasn't fair. Wasn't fair how Izuku had broken fingers, hands, arms, and was fighting with everything he had, while Shoto stood there with two quirks but could only bring himself to use one.

Stomping the ground Shoto created a line of spikey ice. But unfortunately, Izuku was able to dodge. Shoto then circled Izuku quickly before throwing ice in the middle of both of them, making both of them fly to the sides.

Izuku was getting weaker and he himself knew that.

So, when Shoto threw a huge wall of ice towards him, he did the only thing he could think of.

He flicked his thumb.

But instead of flicking it with his other fingers, he flicked it with his cheek sending a gush of wind breaking the ice and sending Shoto flying to the side, barely being able to throw ice behind him to keep himself standing.

Shoto couldn't understand. "Why are you going so far?" He saw the bruises that were on Izuku's fingers. He knew many bones were broken. But why? Why go all the way there?

"Because I want to live up to everyone's expectation." That answer caught him off guard. Too off guard. Enough to give Izuku the opportunity to throw another punch.

All the memories, too many memories to count. Flowing in his mind like a tsunami.

He remembered his mother.

When Izuku threw yet another punch, he flew to the side.

Almost...

He didn't even notice. With wide eyes, Shoto remembered more about his mom. Her kind words. Her voice. The times she would protect him from his father.

The time she left.

"Irodic woman. To hurt you in such an important time." 

"Where's mama?" Shoto asked, looking down with a bandage wrapped around his left eye because his mother was too scared of the life she was living in. So scared to the point she let her fear out on someone else.

"Oh, she injured you, so I put her in a hospital." The words coming out of Endeavor's mouth were filthy. No mercy in them. No pity. Just annoyance, annoyance that his wife ruined his masterpiece he worked so hard on perfecting. He didn't have time for this.

Shoto remembered that too.

When Izuku threw the punch, Shoto landed to the ground, but strong enough to get back up.

"I refuse...to use my left side."

Izuku was pissed. Annoyed. Angry at that man who ruined the mentality of his classmate just for his own sake.

That's it.

NOW!

"IT'S YOURS! YOUR QUIRK NOT HIS!"

Shoto let out a short gasp, stunned.

And then he heard All Might's voice.

"Yes, that's right. Children often do inherit quirks from their parents or develop similar powers. But the most important thing to remember is what you make of it. Regardless of your history. You decide how to use it. That's what I mean when I say, 'I Am Here'. Only you can decide to become a hero, no one else. Take this to heart kids. You got it!" All Might speech made Shoto smile in awe, admiring his wise words.