𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 || Dainsleif x fem!reader

Dainsleif x female reader

request by @Astolary

Fluff

——————————————————————————

It were month since you last saw the male that you cared for the most, longing after his ocean blue eyes and his soft blond hair. You two were the only two people who were able to 'escape' from the massacre, that happened in Khaenri'ah a few decades ago, still with your life.

But it didn't really felt relieving to be the only two people who survived such a blood-bath, especially since both of you were cursed from the gods to live till the entirety and watch how all the people who were once your friends — or even family, getting sacrificed one by one in the form of monsters.

Being the only one left, made you two grow together and being attached to one another quickly. Some would say you two were dating and you would in all honesty, be very happy if you could tell them that it was true, but the both of you never made things official or such in any way. You took notice of the male being overprotective towards you at some points and being more soft in your presence than in others, but still don't wanted to push things.

You were well aware of your feelings for Dainsleif but weren't sure if he was. So you decided to give him all the time he needed — it's not like you lacked time that much.

You sighed as you were sitting on a bench in Mondstadt, not knowing what to do. Dainsleif told you that he would take care of whatever the abyss order was doing again and said it would be too dangerous for you to come along. And now — you didn't saw him for a long, long time, knowing that he did some dangerous stuff while you were just sitting there, staring at a bard who played a tale on his lyre in front of the statue of the seven.

'The bard kinda looks like the statue...'

You thought as you just watched him play on the instrument.

Why you were in Mondstadt at the first place? Because the male that you missed so dearly, was supposed to be there as well. Fiddling with your fingers, you got kinda nervous since you were in the city since hours and as you were asking in the tavern if someone saw a tall blonde male with blue eyes — they said that they indeed, saw him. But it seemed like he left the city again with some Traveler in terms of things with the abyss order.

What made you so nervous was that recording to the person who saw him, Dainsleif left a few hours ago already as you asked and wasn't back till them. You knew that the blonde wasn't really someone who would take that long for simple things like to deal with a few abyss mages, so you grew concerned that might something bad happened.

‚please be safe...'

And as if the gods knew what your wishes were, you took note of two people coming up the stairs that would lead towards the ones of the cathedral.

You would recognize this figure everywhere — it was him.

You immediately stood up as you saw the two figures coming to an halt, the tall blond-haired male was standing with the back facing you as you as you almost ran as fast as you could, even though it wasn't that long of a way.

"Dain!"

You shouted as you almost reached them — getting the attention of the two in front of you and something or someone who was floating besides.

Instead of stopping in front of the male, you just continued running till your arms were slung around his body, face buried into his chest as you two were almost sent back at the floor.

"( Y/N )... what are you doing here?"

The blonde asked with his deep and calming voice as he put his one hand on your back, the other on your head as you just tightened your grip around him.

"Missed you..."

It came out in almost a whisper, muffled due to your face still buried in his clothes as Dainsleif let out a slight chuckle.

"ʷʰᵒ ᶤˢ ˢʰᵉ?"

Paimon, the companion of the Traveler asked in a whisper as she leaned towards them.

"ᵈᵒᶰ'ᵗ ᵏᶰᵒʷ..."

The two stared, almost in disbelief as they watched the two who seemed to forget about the presence of the Traveler and their companion.

this was what they expected at least. Dainsleif was smiling while patting the head of the female that hugged him the whole time — not seeming like she would let go of him any time soon.

 Dainsleif was smiling while patting the head of the female that hugged him the whole time — not seeming like she would let go of him any time soon

——————————————————————————

A/N

I kinda feel like this chapter is a little confusing at some points? Don't know xD maybe it's just my feeling but if you have questions, please ask.

Also, as you might noticed — it's up to you if the traveler is Lumine or Aether and I think that I will do that every time I write a one-shot where they are mentioned. Soo yeahh chose Your favorite!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and had / have a good day! See you hopefully soon

~ Author-Chan