6 | maybe be my baby

Începe de la început

"Okay."

"Great," He grinned making a small dimple appear on his right cheek. "I'll start."

How did I not notice that before?

I nod at him.

"What's your favourite colour?" he starts off with a simple, basic question that still manages to make me think for a second.

"Green," I answered him and looked into his dark green eyes that twinkled. I loved the color of the forest underneath the edge, the grass, the leaves, the everything that's so natural. With a small smile, he nods.

"Your turn."

"Uh..." I stammered trying to think of something to ask before deciding to throw the question he asked me back at him.

"What is your favourite colour?"

He scoffs and then smiles. "Easy, brown,"

"You're so weird I have never heard anyone say that they liked the colour brown," I looked at him weirdly.

"Okay, well how many people do you even know," He jokes. "Carino, you should know I'm different."

I rolled my eyes.

"Stop bringing up my lack of friends," I glared at him. "Okay, so why is brown your favourite?" I then ask, wanting to know why this idiot found brown to be his favourite when there were colours like blue, gold, pink, and purple to pick from.

He had a whole colour spectrum to choose from and he chose the colour of shit.

"Because it's the colour of the earth, for me it represents warmth, stability and honesty. Other than that, it's also a hella nice colour for clothing, it's the colour of all the colours mixed and there are plenty of other reasons which I know you wouldn't want to hear."

"Please enlighten me," I pressed him, intrigued by the explanation he gave me. He shakes his head secretly, denying my request. I rolled my eyes.

"Nah, now it's my turn," he tells me, waving me away. I scoffed.

"Okay...what is your favourite food?" He asks me and I look at him with a smile. Food was my kind of topic. 

"Pasta; literally heaven on a plate," I fangirled as I remembered my grandmother's pasta. Just thinking about the tomato sauce got me inwardly drooling.

"Good choice. Italian food is so fucking good. Now your turn," Kayden laughs at my swooning. I wanted to keep the questions light, not wanting to get any deep whatsoever.

"If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?' I say, impressed by my own question. He looks at me while he thinks of an answer. I internally praise myself for actually thinking of something not as basic as his questions.

"Your arms," Kayden finally answers and passes me a wink. I roll my eyes.

"Nooo, I'm being serious, bitch," I whined. I was curious to see what place he would choose. He then looks at me with a sad smile, making me look at him confused. 

In his gaze, I could see he was contemplating his response. He exhales and looks outside the window.

I just know he switched up his answer.

"Uhm, I would say Spain," and I look at him intrigued. "Just to connect with my Spanish heritage more, you know," he says looking at me with those green eyes that I was growing familiar with. "Like I feel like an outsider when I'm with other Spanish people and I'm not even very fluent at the language or anything."

I cleared my throat before responding. "Yea, my grandfather wanted to take me to Morocco to help me connect with my Arabic side."

He smiled at me, I could see his mood was lifted with my answer.