The 'Accident'

15 years later

Railey had grown to a beautiful young woman. Although she was not really like the other girls her age. Normal fifteen year old girls were learning how to cook and sew, how to be a perfect housewife. But Railey was not like that, she was not interested in all those things. She was very energetic and she did not have the patience to sit down on a chair sowing for hours. What she did like is to ride her horse in the forests around Winterfell and to go hunting. She was a very good archer, although Catelyn did not approve of her learning archery. Railey now only wanted to learn to fight, properly.

"Yes, good. Keep your shoulders straight and your feet a little bit apart." Robb said as he pointed his sword towards me.
I charged towards him, but he quickly blocked my attack with ease. After a few attempts of disarming him I was panting and sweating of the effort.
"We will continue the training tomorrow." Robb grinned at the sight of the tired expression on my face.

The next morning I was awoken early by Robb to continue my training. But it did not go too well. Robb evaded every one of my attacks and with the last one he pushed me into the mud. I heard someone laugh so I looked up to see where the sound was coming from. It was Catelyn, the stupid, ignorant wife of my father. She had always hated me only because I was a bastard and she was not afraid of showing that she hated me.

"You should give up, you are never going to win from my son." She said.
I immediately got angry and wanted to wipe that stupid grin of her face. I stood up and grabbed my bow and an arrow. I readied the arrow and pointed it at her.
"What are you doi.." Before she could even finish her sentence I had already released the arrow. It silently flew through the air before piercing her shoulder. She fell to her knees, yelling out in pain. "Grab that girl! Lock her up!"

"What have you done?" Robb said when a few guards ran towards me, grabbing me by the arms and dragging me to the dungeons. The guards threw me in one of the cells, it was very cold and it smelled like dog shit. I had to stay here until my father and the bitch Catelyn had decided on a punishment. After two days two guards came to get me and bring me to the great hall. There I saw my father and Catelyn sitting around a big wooden table. The sad expression on my father's face did not mean any good.

"We have agreed on a punishment for you, young lady. Catelyn began.

"You both? Or do you mean you by yourself!" I snapped.
Catelyn shot me an angry look before she continued.
"We have decided on sending you to the Dreadfort, to Roose Bolton, Warden of the North. You will be leaving right now." Two guards entered the room to take me away.

"You can not do this! Father?!" I yelled. "I hate you! You are a monster! Father please, do something!"
But he did not respond and the guards dragged me outside. They threw me on a horse and we rode off. I looked back to the gates of Winterfell.

This might be the last time I will ever see it again.