Prologue

Being born and raised in Jefferson, Georgia was a dream come true for me. I did everythin' my older brother did. Be it muddin',froggin' or climbin' trees. Hell, I could drive a four wheeler better than Kyle could. Kyle was my older brother, he was three years older than me, but he always tried to include me in everything he did. I all honesty he was my best friend.

When Kyle turned eighteen, he left our home to join the US Army. I was fifteen and heartbroken. My best friend had left me alone. Granted he had his friends watchin' over me, but it wasn't the same.

Our momma tried gettin' my mind off things, so she got me into modelin'. At first it was slow goin', I'd go to auditions but get passed by. Until I landed a job modelin' for Western wears and apparels. Bein' slightly tomboyish, I always wore my boots with everythin'. So I was noticed quickly.

Modelin' did help, but deep inside I always missed my brother. Years flew by, and whenever Kyle came home we spent every waking moment together. He started ridin' motorcycles with this group of guys, they were like a second family to Kyle. So if I was off modelin', he was off ridin'.

When we would talk, he would tell me stories about what they did and who was there. He would always talk about this guy Brantley. He really sounded awesome, but whenever Kyle would take me a long for a ride, Brantley wouldn't be there. So I never got to meet the infamous friend. Then Kyle would go back to the Army, and I was left alone again.

Whenever Kyle would leave, I would be afraid of gettin' "THE CALL". Kyle was in the middle of his second tour of duty. That was six years of service. I was turning twenty one years old. Kyle always made sure to call me on my birthday, no matter where he was. So as the night grew later and still no call came, I knew somethin' was wrong.

It was 11:45pm when my phone started to ring, the callee ID was an unknown number. But bein' slightly tipsy, I answered it.

"Umm, hello?" I answered slightly unsure. "Is this Miss. Hart?" The very official voice asked. My slight buzz rushed away quickly. In a shaky voice I replied. "Yes, this is. Who is this? " I already knew though. Well maybe not the person themselves, but I knew why they were calling. "Ma'am, I'm staff Sargent, McMahan. I am sorry to be callin' so late, but I have some upsettin' news..."

I didn't hear the rest. I fainted on the spot. Luckily a few of my friends were there. One caught me and the other took the call of. Later when I came to, I learned that Kyle was shot twice and bled to death on the battlefield. He would be awarded the Purple heart and other metals. But really what was the point? My big brother and best friend was gone. Did he really need them now?