Chapter Eleven • Coming Home

We stepped onto the cobbles of the street, a cold breeze contrasting against our body heat. The stars were imprinted in the night sky and the moon shone it's silver beam onto the path so we could just about see our surroundings. With the few exceptions of the late-night dwelling creeps, the streets were pretty clear. I was almost ashamed of how drunk I was, especially with some people who had been strangers only a few hours ago. However, I felt comfortable - with Ricky's arm draped around my waist, pulling me almost too tightly against his body, and the scent of his cologne slowly wearing away into the thin wintry air.

"We need to get back to the hotel." He announced, his voice sounding nearly sober. I nodded and nestled into his side.
"It's cold." I stated.
"I know," He turned to Ben and Dani as they wandered off into the darkness. "Bye!" He called after them. They turned around and waved, before continuing in the same direction.
He then aimed his attention at Stevie and Georgia. "You two going home together?" He asked them.
"No, no." She replied, laughing. "I'm going back to my hotel."
"Alright. Need me to walk you there?" He offered, letting go of me immediately to side with her. I jumped in disbelief as she reacted with a smile, and hooked her arm into his.
"Yes, please." She said. They began to take a few steps along before she turned back around and looked at me. "Are you not coming with us?"

Ricky wasn't even looking at me. He was looking at Georgia. I could see her eyes sparkle in the moonlight, and her lips were curled into a satisfied grin. He had his back to me, obviously not interested in my answer.

"Uh, no. It's fine. I'll walk back." I replied.
"Are you sure?" She continued. I nodded with a fake smile. I knew my way back. But I was angry at Ricky for choosing her over me.
"Well, okay, then." She said, sending me one last smile, and then heading down the street with Ricky.
"Wait!" I called after him. "When will you be back?"
Finally, he turned around. "Don't worry, I'll be back in half-an-hour or so." He answered.
I sighed. "Fine." I said, and I walked off in the opposite direction, my pace quickening as my anger built up.

How annoying. He tells me he likes me, and then bolts off with Georgia at the first chance he gets.

It was only about ten minutes until I reached the hotel. I gritted my teeth as I pushed the revolving doors and entered the building. I made my way to the lobby and waited for the lift, my expression lit with anger.

The buzz of the elevator rattled my ears and the doors subsided. I looked up and saw Will inside, and my annoyance transitioned to a smile.
"Hey, Angela." He said with a pleased tone. "Where's Ricky?"
I sighed. "It's a long story."
"Well, I have time. I was just going out to look for you guys anyway." He answered, pulling me into the small space and hitting the button on the wall.
"Alright." I said as the doors closed and the lift glided upwards. "So, we went out to that restaurant place, and it was all good. There was this girl called Georgia, who was, like, seventeen. And Ricky really likes her, I guess, since he's currently walking her back to her hotel. Oh, and I forget to mention - he told me he likes me. Like, he really likes me. Which.... I suppose kind of contradicts what I just said about him and Georgia. What I'm saying is, he tells me he likes me, and then he walks another girl home." I explained, walking out of the lift.
"Wait, wait," He said, leading me into his room and standing by the mirror in the bathroom. He left the door open so I leant on the frame and watched as he removed his glasses.
"Hm?" I said.
"You like Ricky?" He asked me with a childish smile.
"Well, I guess." I answered. "But now I'm not so sure whether he likes me."
"Is he drunk?"
"Yeah."
"Did he tell you he liked you before he was drunk?"
"Yeah."
"He likes you." He resolved, turning around and smiling at me. "But... You know, it's against the rules to have a relationship with your coach."
"You would know?" I joked, smirking.
"No, but it's almost inevitable, right? Like, I can see why Ricky likes you so much." He said. I blushed and pulled him into a hug.
"Thanks." I mumbled into his shoulder, I smile pursed on my lips.
"No problem. Give me the 411 if you two start dating. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." He said.
"Good." I replied, drawing back from the embrace. "I better get back to my room. Ricky might start wondering where I am."
"Well, don't let him take advantage of you tonight." He said.
"Why not?" I joked.
"He's drunk, I don't want him regretting it in the morning." He answered. I started realizing he was almost beginning to resemble an older brother.
"Aw," I said, laughing. "You're cute."
"I know." He answered sarcastically.