Chapter Three ・Celebration

The cameras followed me all the way to my little room backstage. My smile stretched from ear to ear. I couldn't believe what had just happened.

I opened the door where my friends were. They all immediately went wild, screaming. The spent a while congratulating me on getting through and told me how great I sang.

The cameramen and producers all left the room after a while so I was alone with my friends.
"How come you chose Ricky then?" Quinn asked.
"I don't know. Maybe because he's perfect." I answered, laughing.

We were talking for a few minutes about what had just happened, when suddenly there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." I said happily.
It was a huge man with black clothing on. Maybe a security guard.
"I've been told by Ricky Wilson that he'd like you to go to his dressing room after the show." He said.
"Sure. What time does the show finish?" I asked.
"About six." He said.
"Okay. So, are all of his acts meeting him then?" I asked.
"Not that I know of. I think it's just you." He replied.
"Oh. Okay then. Yeah, great. Thanks for telling me." I said with a smile.
"No problem." He said, leaving the room.
I turned to my friends. "Just...me?" I slurred.
"He likes you." Blair said.
"No, no." I paused. "You think?"
"Yeah, of course." They all agreed.
"Nah, he's probably got a girlfriend anyway." I said.
"Well, you better be prepared. Just in case." Dani advised, nudging me in the ribcage.
"What? No, of course not. He doesn't wanna have sex with me." I said, backing away.
"How do you know that?" Quinn asked. They all raised their eyebrows.
"Because! He probably just wants to talk to me about my performance." I tell them.
"Sure." Blair said sarcastically.
I shook my head. "Shit, there better not be cameras in here." I took a deep breath."So where even is his dressing room anyway?"
"I'm not sure, but you could ask someone." Dani replied.
"Not yet. What time is it?" I asked.
"Um..." Quinn whipped out her phone. "4.30." She said.
"Okay. One and a half hours. Hey, what do you think the coaches do during breaks?" I said.
"Ricky's probably thinking about you." Blair said.
I hesitated. "I highly doubt that's what he wants me for. Maybe he just wants to chat."
"He'll start off by chatting..." Dani said. I narrowed my eyes at her.
"It won't happen." I told her.
"Well, give us the details afterwords, yeah?" Blair asked.
"It won't happen." I repeated.

After a while we agreed that we might as well just stay in the waiting room. So we returned to the our previous table and got out our phones. We didn't speak to each other for a good hour or so. Instagram was more important. I checked my notifications and saw that I had gotten a new follower - will.i.am. I smiled to myself and continued scrolling through. It was about half five when I said the first words I'd spoken in a while.

"Do I need anything?" I asked them. "I feel like I'm missing something."
"Not that I know of. Unless, you wanted anything extra to give him." Blair said.
"Shit, should I have gotten him a gift?" I asked.
"Nah. He just wants you." Quinn replied. I nodded.
"Yeah, of course." I agreed. I looked around. There was only one little group of people left in the room. "We should start asking where his room is in a bit."
"Wait till the shows over first." Dani said.
"Alright."

We spent the last half-hour blankly chatting about my audition and then it was time to go backstage. I was getting nervous. What if he doesn't like me? I'll probably be really awkward and shy.

We walked towards the familiar corridor and then another guard came up asking for ID. We all showed him the wristband we'd been given earlier to allow us backstage and he nodded and took us through.
"I need to find Ricky's dressing room. Ricky Wilson." I told the man anxiously. "He's invited me there for six o'clock."
"It's just down here." He answered, making a sharp turn at the opposite end of the corridor. We followed him closely. He made another turn and walked down the white-washed corridor until we reached the coaches dressing rooms.

Each of their names were printed onto the four doors. The security guard left us to ourselves, so I walked up to the door that had 'Ricky Wilson' written on it.
"Knock." Blair said.
"I will. Just wait a second." I replied calmly. They all gathered around me in anticipation. I took a deep breath in and knocked.

(A/N, I collided chapter three and four together to shorten the story, just in case you were wondering. It hasn't made any initial change to the story though :))