Chapter Eight ・T-Shirts

Once I had finished taking my bath, I wrapped a towel around me and opened the door slowly and cautiously.
Ricky had been lying on the bed on his phone, and he sat up and looked at me.
"What's up?" He asked me.
"You said you were gonna give me one of your T-shirts to wear?" I said, smiling.
"Oh yeah." He jumped off the bed and walked over to the closet. He must have already unpacked. He opened the doors and scanned through the clothes quickly. He picked out a white and grey loose t-shirt and handed it to me with a smile.
"Thanks," I replied, and returned to the bathroom. I dried myself off and pulled on the shirt. Since I was only small, it reached just a few inches above my knees. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and walked back out into the main part of the room, playing with the hem at the bottom of the shirt.
"What d'ya think?" I asked him, twirling around.
"Looks good." He said with a smirk. He sat down on the bed with a bottle of beer in his hand. I sat beside him, sitting up straight and crossing my legs. I whipped out my phone from the pocket of my jeans (that had previously been throw onto the bed ) and texted Dani.
'Don't worry about me. I'm at a hotel with Ricky and Will😊'
She replied almost instantly.
'Ooh nice😉 when are you back??'

I decided not to ask Ricky, as I remembered that he was planning that bar night with the rest of his team for tomorrow, and I didn't wanna ruin the opportunity.
I turned and looked at him sleepily. He noticed me staring and put down his beer. "Hm?"
"Nothing." I said quietly. I went back to my phone and typed,
'Not too sure yet.'
I sent the message quickly before sliding the device onto the bedside table.

I lay back onto the soft silk pillow and looked at Ricky, taking in all his features. His dazzling blue eyes, his perfectly shaped jawline and his mouth gaped open just a little.
"Thank you." I whispered, smiling up at him.
"What for?" He asked, turning to his side too so we were lying face-to-face.
"Everything." I answered. He placed his hand under the side of his head and looked straight into my eyes. Our eyes locked for a minute or two, and all I could think of was kissing him. He seemed to be getting closer to me, but maybe it was the alcohol wearing off, so I didn't react. He was only about an inch away from me when there was a knock at the door.

I sighed aggressively and shut my eyes. Why was I always interrupted?

"I'll get it." Ricky muttered, slightly agitated too by the sound of his tone. He got up and walked to the door as I sat up and hauled my back against the headboard.

He opened the door to reveal an overly-excited Rita Ora. I yanked the material of the shirt down quickly and pulled my knees up to my chest.
"Hey-" She was suddenly cut off, noticing me sat awkwardly on the bed. "Huh? Angela?"
I smiled weakly at her. "Hiya." I said. She gave Ricky a confused look.
"Uh, I told you she was staying here tonight." He recalled, allowing Rita inside.
"No..." she said as she walked in. "You told me that you were inviting her to your dressing room after the show."
"Oh, well, Angela can't get home because it's too late, so she's here for now." He explained. She nodded slowly.
"Alright. Well, it's nice to see you again, my love." She said to me with a grin. "I just popped in to say hi. My room's just next door, if you want anything."
"Okay, I'll see you later then." He said as she quietly made her way out.

I felt like the length of her greeting was purely based on my surprising arrival. Maybe if I hadn't been there then she would have sat where I was sat, on the bed, chatting to Ricky about life and sharing a bottle of wine between them both.

He looked at me and sighed. "We're gonna have to be a bit more private from now on." He said.
"Why?"
"Because people might start to get the wrong idea." He answered, joining me back on the bed.
"Well, we ARE sleeping together." I joked. He laughed and took a sip from his beer.
"Guess so."
I dived under the covers and pulled the sheets up to my chest, lying on my side. I used my arm to prop myself up.
"You don't mind me being here, do you?" I asked him.
He mirrored my position and looked at me. "No, of course not. Why would I? You're great."
I raised an eyebrow up at him. "You're sure? Even I annoy myself." I said.
"You're not annoying. You're funny and cute and an amazing addition to my team." He said with a smile. My expression dropped a little bit.

I'd almost forgotten that he was only my coach. For the past few hours, it had been as if we were a lot closer.

"What's wrong?" He asked me in a concerned tone.
"Uh, nothing, nothing." I said, shivering. I took a breath and put on a smile.
"Are you sure?" He placed his hand on my cheek gently. "You're cold. Come here," He pulled me into him and wrapped his arms around me, rubbing circles into the small of my back slowly with his hand. I felt myself blushing, but luckily I was hidden into his warm chest so he didn't notice.
"Does this help?" He asked, continuing his technique.
"Yeah." I answered. He rested his chin onto the top of my head and I nestled in closer.

This lasted for about half-an-hour before we decided it was time for us to settle down. We both snuggled up in the sheets, gave each other one last glance, and turned off the light...