CHAPTER TWELVE - FIRST MISSION (PART 2)

Start from the beginning

Yoriichi looked at Tanjiro who looked like he had also caught on to something. 

"Nii-san, the place where the strongest smell is...  right here!" Tanjiro stabed his katana into the ground.

Black liquid then erupted from underground. Seeing a piece of cloth, Yoriichi grabbed the unconscious female and jumped up. 'She's still alive,'  thought Yoriichi looking at the female in his arms.

Tanjiro stood in front of a hole in the ground which had a demon arm in it. The demon then showed its face. 'A morphed demon!'  thought the two Kamado siblings, remembering what Urokodaki had told them before.

"Where are those girls you've kidnapped?" questioned Yoriichi, pointing his nichirin sword at the demon in the ground.

The demon grit his teeth, making an unpleasant sound.

"We've still got two more questions for you," added Tanjiro.

The demon disappeared in the ground, so did the hole making the two brother's eyes widen. 

"Who was that?" asked Kazumi, walking up to them.

"Kazumi-san, please hold this person and stand nearby. If you're in our range of the attacks, Tanjiro and I can protect you," instructed Yoriichi, handing the sleeping female in his arms to Kazumi.

Kazumi nodded and took the girl from Yoriichi's arms, standing back. 

The two brothers observed the area around them with caution, knowing that the demon can appear anywhere and any time as long as it was dark.

Tanjiro then suddenly ran to a certain direction to attack. 'This feeling.....'  thought Yoriichi, his eyes widening.

"Tanjiro!" shouted Yoriichi.

Tanjiro's eyes widened, seeing three of the demons arise from the ground, trying to grab him. 'There's three of them,'  thought Tanjiro, jumping back. Using water breathing, Tanjiro slashed the arms of the three demons. 

The two brother started to run all over the place protecting Kazumi and the unconscious girls, while defending themselves as well. 

Then, they watched as the two demons start to argue with each other. Talking about eating the young girls and how one was not satisfied. Forgetting there was a third one, the last demon tried to sneak behind Yoriichi only to be kicked away.

"Michikatsu-niichan!" exclaimed Tanjiro.

"Mh Mmr!"[Oi, Claws off] said Michikatsu.

"Thank you Michikatsu," said Yoriichi before going after the demons.

"I'm going with him. Please take care of Kazumi-san and the female nii-chan, Nezuko!" said Tanjiro.

TIME BREATHING: FIRST FORM - TIME SKIP

Before killing the demons, Yoriichi asked, "what do you know about a man called Kibutsuji Muzan?"

The demon started to shake.

"I-I-I c-can't- I can't say!" shouted the demon, charging at Yoriichi like it had gone insane after hearing that name.

Unfortunately for the demon, Yoriichi sliced his head off smoothly. The demon soon disintegrate in ashes and disappeared. 

Kazumi then collapse onto the ground, knowing that the one he loved was now gone. Tanjiro kneeled down in front of Kazumi.

"Kazumi-san?"

"I lost my fiancé," said Kazumi with dead eyes. 

"Are you two alright?" asked Yoriichi, walking up to the two.

"I've lost my fiancé. How can I be alright?" said Kazumi, tears falling down his face.

"Kazumi-san no matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to continue on living," spoke Tanjiro.

"No matter how devastating the blow may be," added Yoriichi, looking down at Michikatsu and Nezuko with gentle eyes.

Kazumi was frustrated. He grabbed Tanjiro's haori and stood up, yelling at him, "what do you know about it?! Kids like you two!" 

Tanjiro only showed a sad smile. 

Kazumi's eyes widened, looking at Yoriichi who's eyes were also filled with sadness while looking at Michikatsu and Nezuko.

Tanjiro handed Kazumi him Satoko's bow before walking away with Yoriichi. 

"T-Tanjiro-san, Yoriichi-san, I'm sorry. That was an awful thing to say! Please forgive me! I'm sorry!"

The two brothers turned around, waving at Kazumi. That was when Kazumi saw Yoriichi and Tanjiro's hands that were scratched by training. 

"We're leaving that girl in your hands Kazumi-san," said Yoriichi walking away, followed closely behind by Tanjiro.

'Live on Kazumi-san. You still have a life. Seeing that was awful. Were we ever like that when we lost our family? Was I acting like that to that man when I first saw him? Kibutsuji Muzan, how many people have you killed and tortured? I swear I'll kill you. I'll make sure the same thing that happened to us doesn't happen to another person out there,'  thought Yoriichi.

TO BE CONTINUED...