ACT FIVE, SCENE THIRTY THREE

FONTAINE MANOR

The entire Weasley clan, Alastor Moody, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Rowan Silvers, Maia Dumont-Lupin and her husband, and a whole gaggle of children sat around the formal sitting room at the Fontaine house, laughing and talking amongst themselves.

The children had formed a little group and had moved to the corner of the room, next to the Christmas tree that had a mountain of pristinely-wrapped gifts under it. They played a game of Exploding Snap, and they cheered whenever one of them succeeded.

Rowan and Kingsley sat side-by-side, talking quietly together; Rowan's face flushed every time Kingsley whispered something in her ear.

Sage stood with Regulus in the doorway that separated the hallway from the sitting room, and she rested her head on her best friend's shoulder as they watched the joy that took place in the room before them.

"I haven't seen a Christmas this chaotic since I spent the holidays at James's in sixth year." She murmured, smiling softly at the memory. "His entire family was there, plus me, Remus, Sirius, Peter, and Lily. There were so many people that every room had so much life in it."

Regulus, however, didn't share her smile. "I haven't had a happy Christmas since the year that you and Julien stayed at Hogwarts with me so I wouldn't have to go home." He said flatly.

She just rolled her eyes and shoved him, rolling up her sleeves to cool off slightly. "Oh, sod off, Reg. It's Christmas, and we're all safe, at least for today. Just try to have a nice time."

He looked at her with raised eyebrows. "Who are you, and what have you done with my best friend?" He asked incredulously.

"Shut up. It's time for the kids to open presents, and I've got one for you to open, too." She snapped in response before addressing the masses: "Alright, you lot. Present time! Little goblins, you go first."

Madeleine glowered from the group of children in the corner. "Y'know, Auntie Sage, I don't appreciate being called a little goblin." She said, annoyed.

Sage crossed the room in minimal steps and cupped Madeleine's face in her hands. "Dear goddaughter of mine, you are a little goblin. I adore you, don't get me wrong. But I watched you come into this world, so I reserve the right to call you a little goblin." She said lovingly.

The gift exchange went by rather quickly, with the children tearing open their various presents at a ferocious rate, and soon enough, only the adults were left in the room.

Sirius pulled Sage onto his lap on the couch, pressing a poorly-wrapped parcel into her hands. "This is for you." He said plainly and simply, not giving her any room for argument or refusal.

She glowered at him, but opened the gift nonetheless.

Inside the package was something strange but familiar—two items, one made of silky fabric, and one made of some sort of enamel. A Gryffindor tie, and a Gryffindor Prefect pin.

Her gaze snapped to meet his. "Is this—you didn't. Were these Lily's?" She asked incredulously, eyes wide with a mixture of curiosity and excitement. A grin threatened to spread onto her face, but she held it back.

"I found them when I went to Godric's Hollow on Halloween. She'd stowed them under a floorboard for some reason, like she was hiding them or trying to keep them safe." He said in reply, and his face was bright as he saw the happiness in his wife's expression. "I was going to give them to Harry, but the current Gryffindor uniform is too different to let him wear the tie at school. I figured you don't have very many things of hers, so you deserve something to remember her by, from when we were all happy."