ACT THREE, SCENE TWENTY TWO

TEXTS + UNSENT LETTERS

SIRIUS & SAGE

sage
regulus didn't tell me it'd hurt this much

sirius
i'm on my way over to yours
with loads of sweets and alcohol

sage
you don't have to
anna-lee's been brewing a sleeping draught all afternoon, so if i get too overwhelmed she's gonna make me drink it so i can sleep it off

sirius
you're my girlfriend, and you're in pain
so i'll be over in a little while

Leo,

I got the Dark Mark. Just like you. I'm officially one of them. Only, not really. I'm working as a double agent, something I'm sure you know if you're really watching over me like you say you are.

It's hard. It really is. To be constantly surrounded by people who hate everything you stand for, who would rather see people like Rowan dead than have her live peacefully, and to have to pretend to think the same as them? I can't look at Rowan or Noah without feeling so guilty.

Also, why didn't you tell me the Dark Mark hurt? It felt like my skin was melting off.

You told me when my brother died that you would never go where I couldn't follow. And now that I can't see any of my friends outside of my own home, I feel like every connection I have to Julien is gone. First was Julien himself, then my parents, then my grandmother, and now you. Everyone who knew him best is gone. Except for me.

Do you think he'd be proud of me? I mean, what I'm doing for the Order? I think he'd hate how I had to go so deep undercover, how I had to compromise on everything.

D'you know what he'd tell me? At least, what I think he'd tell me? He'd told me this a million times, but he'd say, 'as long as you have me, you're alright.' I don't have him, but I have you (at least in spirit), I have Anna-Lee and her unborn daughter, I have Sirius, and I have all our friends that are willing to go to war for what we believe in. And even though none of that compares to my brother, they embody what he stood for.

I miss you. Come home.

Green.

PS: Do you know how hard it is to be the only one that knows you're still alive? Merlin, Reggie. Everytime I see Sirius I want to tell him just so he'll stop missing you so much.

fun!