ACT FOUR, SCENE TWENTY FIVE

KINGS CROSS

When Sage picked Harry up from Kings Cross after his second year at Hogwarts, she was furious.

"You fought a baselisk? By yourself? Harry, you're twelve! And don't even get me started on the Tom Riddle thing, because I swear to Merlin, I might send you to live with the Dursleys." She seethed, spewing fury from the moment she set her eyes on him.

His friends, a redheaded boy and a curly-haired girl with dark skin, seemed to be appalled by her anger.

She turned to them. "Sage Fontaine. Harry's godmother. Nice to meet you."

The girl leaned over to whisper in Harry's ear: "I thought you said she was the nice one?"

Harry laughed, not phased by her anger. "She is the nice one. You've seen my mum's side of the family."

Unfortunately, his friends had met the Dursleys at the end of last year, when they begrudgingly picked him up from the train station, and Ron had even helped Harry escape from their house at the end of last summer.

However, this was the first time Sage had met his friends, for her work had her caught up at the beginning of the term last September.

The curly-haired girl stuck her hand out. "Hermione Granger. Lovely to meet you, Miss Fontaine." She said.

Sage couldn't help but smile in return, and she turned to the ginger boy. "You must be Ron, yeah? A Weasley?"

Ron Weasley went as red as his hair. "Yes, ma'am."

She raised her eyebrows at him. "And I assume that it was you who has saved his life, I dunno, twice or so, over the past two years?"

Ron blushed even harder, and he shrugged meekly. "Yes, ma'am. He's my best friend."

"I appreciate it, Weasley."

Madeleine came running up to them, trailed by two redheaded twins. "Aunt Sage!" She barrelled right into Sage, nearly knocking her down. "Is my mum with you?"

Sage shook her head. "No. She's waiting for us at home. So Harry, you ready?"

The boy nodded and said a few words to his friends before looking back to his aunt. "Ready when you are."

mom!sage.