when the classifiers get classified

Start from the beginning

Clint looks at Natasha, a bit confused. Most teenagers, scratch that, most files aren't going to be secure. There would be no need for them to be. For Percy's file to be secure would mean he would have had to do something. He's not sure what Percy did, but if his file is encrypted...

Clint frowns. There's something Percy is hiding from them. Aside from whatever his platoon stumbled across a few months ago. And he's going to find out what.

Because yes, he does like the kid. But at the same time, he's an agent for shield. Anyone in his line of work is bound to be wary of everyone and everything.

He pulls out his phone and starts typing.

Tony blinks. "Why does my seventeen year old nephew have a secure government file?"

Natasha's eyes widen slightly and she stops typing. "Not the government." She looks at Tony. "Shield." She closes her computer. "Why does your nephew have a secure file on shield? And why is it level ten?"

Tony's eyes widen and he pulls something up on the hologram table. "Holy-"

"Language, Tony."

Tony rolls his eyes. "Even I don't have a level ten file! And I'm ironman!" Tony types something into the hologram.

While he types, Clint walks over to the table and pulls something else up on the hologram. "It took some digging, but I found this."

Clint pulls up multiple newspaper clippings and pictures. "Here's Percy running from... something. Over here," he pulls up a different image. "we have him fighting a gun wielding lunatic, someone that apparently kidnapped him and two other kids when they were twelve."

Natasha opens her computer. "Keep talking, I'll find info on the two people with him. We'll see if he kept in touch, and if we're lucky, find where they are and what they know."

Clint finds something else and then frowns. He speaks slowly, trying to figure out what's happening in the video he's watching. "In the middle of the fight between Percy and the kidnapper, the kidnapper did... something. Here's some footage from the body cam of a cop."

Clint enlarges the footage. It shows a tall, buff man wearing sunglasses and a leather bike jacket fighting with Percy. Percy manages to nick the man's ankle with something. Clint frowns. He can't figure out what Percy injured the man with. It looks like a pocket knife, but if he squints, he can see something bigger. Like a sword.

He pauses the video. "Are you guys seeing this?"

Natasha looks up. "What?"

He replays the part where Percy cuts the man's ankle.

"It's just a pocket knife."

"No, when you squint, it looks like a machete. Or a sword, or something."

Tony raises his eyebrows. "Where is a twelve year old going to get a machete?"

Natasha shakes her head. "It's probably just a mix of the water and the heat. You're looking too close and seeing the reflection in the water."

Clint stares at the video for a while. "I guess so."

He hits play.

The cop runs towards the two. His gun is out and pointing at the man. The man gets angry. He snarls and yells something at the cop. The cop yells something and takes a step forward.

The man holds his hand out towards the cop and all the police officers behind the cop and the man flies backwards.

Steve watches silently, not sure how to process this. "So that man triggered a bomb?"

Clint sighs. "... not really."

He looks at Natasha and she nods.

He rewinds the footage and enlarges on the man's hand.

"Watch carefully."

The man's hand glows and the camera flies backwards in slow motion.

Bruce folds his hands and leans on them. "So a mutant?" He pauses. "And was everyone alright?"

Clint hesitates then nods. "There were no casualties. And yes, he most likely was a mutant. But that leaves the question... what would a mutant want with Percy?"

Natasha pulls something up on the hologram. "I found their files. The kids that were with Percy when he got kidnapped. They're also level ten." Her eyes grow cold. "But they're closed out."

Bruce tilts his head. "I don't understand, closed out?"

"It means they died." Clint rubs his eyes. "Did Percy keep in contact with them?"

"From what I can find that's not classified, yes."

Clint curses.

Natasha's eyes flicker towards the floor. "And it seems one of them was more than a friend."

Clint curses again.

His face grows pale and he looks up at Bruce. Bruce's eyes are wide as they reach the same conclusion.

"You don't think..." Bruce trails off.

Clint nods. "His fiance. The name he was rapping in Morse code because he was nervous..." He turns towards Natasha. "The one that was more than a friend, was her name Annabeth?"

Natasha studies Clint for a moment. "Yes."

In unison, Clint and Bruce curse.

"This is worse than I thought." Clint mutters under his breath.

Tony bites his lip. He looks back and forth between Clint and Natasha. "How did they... how'd they die?"

Natasha sighs, frustrated. "It's classified. Which is weird, they usually only classify deaths if they were caused by a mutant or an inhuman... But even then they wouldn't be level ten."

Tony rubs his face tiredly. "Do you think you could do some research on it?"

Natasha nods. "Of course." She stands up and puts her computer under her arm. "C'mon Clint, I need your help."

Clint nods and follows her out.

Bruce stands up. "I should probably head out too. I need to make sure Percy ate dinner. Do you want to come with or do you need some time to process things...?"

Tony fiddles with something in his hands. "I think I'm going to go to the lab, I need some time to think."

Bruce nods and pats Tony on the back. "I'll bring you some dinner when I'm done."

"Thanks, Brucie."

Bruce smiles and walks out.

A/N

Hello! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I apologize for not updating sooner, (and that it's a short update) but it's something! I've recently been sucked into the black hole of editing marvel videos.

The most recent video is the best one yet! It's about Bucky! But the stupid app I used to make it won't let me export/download it, so I can't upload it to YouTube.

I'll try again later, when is not like 1am and I don't have to wake up in six hours (▰˘◡˘▰)