Chapter 1

"WE CANNOT GO TO THAT POOL EVER AGAIN!" screeched Lottie "Do you remember what happened last time? DO WE REALLY WANT TO GET EXPELLED?!" 

It was midnight at Rosewood when Ellie and Saskia decided to head to the pool again with the group. They was dying of excitement while Lottie was dreading the thought of even standing 1 metre next to the pool. "Shhhh, keep it down," Ellie whispered, putting her index finger towards her lips "We don't want anyone catching us again, besides, why are you throwing such a fit about this?"

Saskia started laughing "Because of that incident with Jamie right?" She nudged him by the shirt; he gave her a shrill look in response. Lottie's cheeks went red as she tucked a strand of her golden hair behind her ear. What happened?  Percy signed to Micky with a confused expression on his face.

Jamie and Lottie fell into the pool together because Saskia spiked his drink  Micky signed back.It didn't mean anything," Jamie finally answered, crossing his arms. 

"Sure sure," Anastacia giggled "So are we going to the pool or what?"

 Everyone nodded and started to walk towards the Conch pool, imbedded in flower bushes and plants. Everyone had their swimming kit underneath their clothes except for Lottie and Jamie. Lottie held her breath while they shuffled past the garden towards the pool.

 The cold water splashed against Lottie's brown boots, she couldn't believe what they were doing. Here they were, at the same place Lottie realised Jamie wasn't just a friend, the same place they got into trouble for breaking into only 1 year ago. She was wearing her peach coloured jacket with black shorts and grey leggings that stretched all the way down to her ankle-high brown boots. Lottie was drinking Anastacia's lemonade next to Jamie. Everything looked exactly the same to last year. 

 Jamie was leaning on the gazebo's pillar and staring out to their friends, splashing cold water at midnight during December. "Don't you want to swim?" Lottie asked, taking a sip of hot lemonade before walking up next to him. "No," He responded cooly, still looking out to the glowing blue pool where white waves of freezing water was splashing. He turned towards her and stared into her deep blue eyes, Lottie did the same. Jamie's eyes were a soft hazel colour, aligned with flecks of gold that made Lottie feel safe and warm. She felt as if it were only the 2 of them, the splashes from the pool sounded blurry, all she could hear was the sound of breathing. The two leaned in towards each other, they were so close, nothing could come in between. 

"Jamie!" said a voice coming from the edge of the pool, interrupting their moment. It was Raphael, he was waving his hand to catch Jamie's attention. Jamie looked at him and raised a brow.

"Jamie look! I can finally flip!" Raphael was saying, jumping around like a child. Lottie was lost in a gaze, she stared at Jamie in wonder but part of it was disbelief. What just happened? Were they really about to kiss? It only took her a moment to realise her feelings for him were now stronger than ever.