Chapter 13 - Getting used to Corona

Começar do início

"It's alright Kate," Varian said making her smile.

"So, what can I help you with?!" Katelyn said very excitedly. Varian slowly lifted up the one side of his shirt to show her the blood-stained wrap on his side. Katelyn immediately went from a sweet innocent girl to a serious look. "Come in." She told them.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

After a little while, Varian was sitting on one of the beds, when Katlyn came up with a small medical bag. She walked up to Varian, Cassandra was sitting next to Varian because of the handcuffs.

"Umm, Cassandra, right?" Katlyn said trying to remember her name. Cassandra nodded, then Katelyn continued. "Are you able to move for a second?"

Cassandra looked over at her and held up her handcuffed arm to Varian. Katlyn's eyes widened as she noticed their situation. "It's alright, you can stay there," Katelyn said, not trying to make things even harder for them.

Katlyn came up to Varian and asked him to take off his shirt just so she could get a better look at his side. Varian nodded as he took off his shirt. Cassandra helped a bit, but Cassandra and Varian had to cut a hole in the one side a while ago so they could put it on over the handcuffs, luckily that made it easier to take off.

Katlyn took the shirt and handed it to Cassandra, "Can you hold that?" Kate asked as she went through her medical things. Cassandra nodded.

Then Kate came up and she started to take some of the white wraps off Varian's side. By the time she was on the last layer, she could see the wound through the wrap.

Once she got the final layer off, she looked at it, on one hand, she was very intrigued and fascinated. On the other hand, she knew it had to hurt. She paused and looked at it. "Umm, may I...?" She said wanted to touch it.

"Oh, yeah. Whatever you need to do." Varian said as Katlyn's face lit up.

She started looking closely at the stitched-up wound. She touched the edge of it causing Varian to flinch. She turned to look at him. "Sorry about that." She looked at the stitches a bit closer, along with her remembering. The technique that the wrap was used.

"May I ask who stitched this up for you?" Katlyn asked.

Cassandra raised her hand. "It was me, actually."

Katlyn's eyes widened. "Your... Cassandra, Cassandra?"

Cassandra looked at the ground. "I know. The one who betrayed Rapunzel, look I'm not-"

"I haven't seen you in so long. You look so different. I didn't even recognize you." Katelyn said while looking at Cass.

"I'm sorry but I don't remember you," Cassandra said not putting it easily.

"Oh, that's fine. We never really talked. I only saw you when you were the lady in waiting but look at you. You're so... different. Like a fighter." Kate said, then she continued. "The only times we ever crashed into each other was back when I was in medical school, and you were one of the people who would always come and check on the patients. All the nurses always loved the flowers you would bring the patients."

Cassandra blushed, then Varian nudged her with his sleeveless shoulder as he said in a teasing tone, "Look, there is a heart in there after all."

Cassandra made a playful gasp. "How dare you!" She said as she pretended to be upset while she smiled and let out a laugh.

Cassandra and Varian both blushed and smiled then Katlyn ended the moment as she asked. "And is this your boyfriend? Your chemistry is real."

Both Cassandra and Varian blushed. As both of them talked over each other where Katlyn had absolutely no idea what they were saying. When Varian suddenly stopped and Cassandra continued before she realized he stopped and accidentally said, "Well, I mean at least not yet..."