Chapter 13 - Getting used to Corona

Start from the beginning

"Yet!" Rapunzel said with a smile. "You don't understand yet. You are the Varian, if anyone can do it, it's you." Rapunzel said, when Cassandra immediately turned around as her friend said the exact same thing she did, she grabbed Varian's shoulders and pulled him over next to her.

"Yeah, I told him that earlier," Cassandra said with a somehow threatening smile. Rapunzel was very confused and hurt by her best friends' behavior. "Well, you see the time, Varian and I need to get going," Cassandra said. "Well, thanks for stopping by. We will be sure to meet up with you later."

"Oh... I get it, you just need a bit of time to adjust to Corona again. Well, goodbye." Rapunzel said as she had a clearly fake smile on her face as she left the room.

About a minute after Rapunzel closed the trapdoor Varian spoke up in an angry and serious tone. "What was that about!?!!"

Cassandra looked over at him, she still believes what she did was right, but she was still ashamed she did it. Cassandra started looking at the floor, as she was hurt about what she said to Rapunzel. Varian saw Cassandra looking at the ground, so he came up and put his hands on her shoulders as he looked into her eyes. "I don't know what's going on, but I do know that you should stop treating Rapunzel that way!!!"

Cassandra looked at Varian and she was going to say something when Varian interrupted. "No, you don't get to say anything. You said enough.... Look.... I may not be you, and I know I haven't seen you really in three years, but I spent about a week with you now, and you haven't acted like this until Rapunzel showed up. I know it's weird jumping back into past relationships, but if anyone can do it, it's you.... Can you do that for me?"

Cassandra looked at him as her eyes filled with tears, she was trying her hardest to hold them back. When a single tear slowly dripped down her cheek. With Varian's free hand he put his hand on her cheek and wiped away the single tear that had fallen.

Cassandra put her hand on Varian's hand when she paused. Varian stopping the sweet moment said, "Well, now that we've got that cleared up I think we have somewhere we should go." Varian said walking Cassandra over to his desk as he put the scroll on his belt, and he packed his backpack with a couple of books and some random alchemy things.

Cassandra looked at him as she wiped away her remaining tears, as she pulled herself together enough to ask. "Where are we headed?"

"We are going to go and see the nurse," Varian said in reply as she gave him a smile.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

When they showed up to where the nurse was, they knocked on the door, the door slowly opened and the person who answered it was a girl with bright orange hair that was down, it was long enough where it hit down to where her waist is. She had a nice warm welcoming smile, and she had a stethoscope wrapped around her neck, along with these bright and curious brown eyes. She was wearing one of the nurse uniforms, and her name tag said, Katlyn.

"H-Hi," Varian said stumbling to speak. Varian was fascinated by doctors and everything they can do but he didn't really want to be there at the moment.

Katlyn looked into Varian's eyes causing him to blush and causing Cassandra to clench her fist out of a bit of jealously but she put it aside as Varian asked. Then suddenly Katlyn stopped. "Hi, I'm Katlyn, feel free to call me Kate. And your Varian? Right?"

"Umm, yeah?" Varian responded to Katlyn as he was kind of weirded out.

"I knew I had seen you, probably from the old wanted posters or something." Katlyn continued, she paused catching what she had said. "I am so sorry, as you can see, I'm not the best with people." She said hanging her head low.