Heiji, who has been surprisingly quiet throughout the time that they have been there, finally spoke which caught the attention of everyone in the living room.

"Yer still plannin' to continue bein' a detective? I don't know if yer kiddin' or bein' a complete idiot but I don't think that's a good idea, Kudo."

"Heiji! Watch what yer sayin-"

"I won't stand by and watch him riskin' his life out there again! Did y'all really think somethin' like this won't happen again? No! That's why even if I have to be selfish, I won't allow a precious friend of mine go and put his life on the line again!"

Everyone in the room became quiet because Heiji was right. The possibility of something like this happening to their friend again is high but they all seem to forget something which Shinichi decided to remind them.

"I don't think you remember what being a detective is all about. Yes, there's a chance that this will not be the only thing that will happen to me. I might even loss an arm or leg."

"Shinichi!-"

"But a detective's job is to bring the truth out into the light, whether if they have to risk their life in order to do that or loss their eyesight."

Shinichi didn't became a detective to fool around and just solve a case here and there. He takes this very seriously and he wouldn't hesitate to bet his life on the line in order to find the truth. It's something very precious in his life after all. Being a detective.

Heiji quickly stood up causing everyone panic since they didn't know if a fight will broke between the two close friends, but what happened next was something they didn't expect at all.

Heiji pulled Shinichi into a tight hugged which surprised the azure eyed detective but nevertheless still returned the hug.

"Ahh, and here I thought I'll get ya to finally take an effin rest to bein' a detective and leave it to me instead. But I guess yer still as stubborn as ever. Yosh, just don't hesitate and ask me whenever ya need some help. Just... j-just... Aho! (idiot!) Don't forget what I look like alright?!!"

Everyone started laughing when Heiji suddenly began to cry like a child while still clinging on Shinichi, who's trying his best to push his crying friend off of him but to no avail, he just let him be until he calms down.

While this is all happening, a certain magician is currently listening to the conversation in the house through an earpiece, having mixed emotions with the discovery of his dear Metantei losing his eyesight.

"I finally got to see you once again after years went by however..."

"You wouldn't be able to see me anymore."

***

"S-satou-san calm down! It's not like it's the end of the world for me."

"But no matter how much I try to think about it, how can you possibly still continue on if you can't even see? Should I asked Megure-keibu to assign you another detective to guide you around a crime scene? I can recommend Takagi-kun."

Today, Shinichi went out for the first time since arriving to Japan and what better way to greet him with his very first case as a blind detective? After hearing the noises of the siren, he followed the direction of the sound and by doing so, Satou-san happened to see him which greatly surprised the female detective since she never heard any News of Shinichi losing his eyesight.

After explaining everything to Satou-san and how he can helped out and solved the case, Megure-keibu was forced to agree and accept his cooperation despite being also shocked with the detective's disability.

After a brief explanation of the state of the body from it's location to it's caused of death, Shinichi was guided to the center of the room which everyone started to wait and see what the detective has in store for them. Shinichi wore some type of earpiece and crouch down to place a cylinder device the size of a soda can on the ground. After doing so, a red laser scanned the whole room as well as the people inside of the crime scene.

[Professor Agasa Gadget Explanation]

"This is a newly invented gadget that will be assisting Shinichi throughout a case! 'Information Gatherer' is a type of gadget that scans the area and gives a detailed information of the surrounding from the furniture in the area, number of people presence, layout of the crime scene and many more! This also has a voice command which gathers information that the wearer is asking for like the substance on the floor, metal objects in the perimeter and so on and so forth. After gathering the information, it will be transmitted to the earpiece that is connected to the gadget!"

After Shinichi is satisfied with the information that he has gathered, he whispered something and walked straight ahead to the counter and grabbed an empty glass with ease which surprised everyone.

"Oh, I forgot to tell something! This does not only gather information but also serves as Shinichi's 'eyes' where he can asked the location of certain areas and will be directed to him. The earpiece sends a signal to the gadget which will know his exact location in the area!"

With the helped of the gadget, it only took about 2 hours for the culprit to be caught which impressed Megure-keibu and the rest. After showing that he's still capable of doing his job as a detective, he was given permission to continue on being a detective which greatly relief him. After leaving the Police Headquarter, he bid goodbye to the police officers and went on his way back home.

While walking on the braille sidewalk with a cane in hand, he could feel the stares and the whispers of the people around him.

"Oi oi isn't that the great detective, Kudo Shinichi?"

"Uso! (No way!) So the rumors were true about him going blind?"

"Poor thing. He was such a great detective and now he wouldn't be able to continue being one."

Shinichi was already expecting this kind of reaction from everyone but he still couldn't helped but be uncomfortable with the attention that he's getting. Letting out a sighed, he continued on his way but then he stopped walking when his cane hit something on the way.

"Is this a person?"

"Uhm, excuse me but could you please step aside? Or is this a post after all??"

He reached out his hand to feel the possible object or person in front of him but was taken aback when a hand suddenly grabbed ahold of his, startling him which made him nearly drop his cane. So it was a person after all. But why didn't they just stepped aside if they knew he was walking there?

About to asked the reason for these, the person spoke which made his eyes widen with the familiar voice of a male in front of him.

"Can I have a word with you? Metantei."

***
A/N: This has been in my draft for quite some time now so I'll just make a Part II once I had the time~ Enjoy!!