Part 17

When I woke up, my head felt heavy; pounding and throbbing in pain. I took a minute to allow the pain to stop before trying to sit up; however, when I did I saw something I wasn't expecting.

Obi.

He was leaning towards me with his hand pressed to my forehead and a worry in his eyes. The small act instantly turned my cheeks red, until I shifted my gaze to Shirayuki who was still sleeping.

"Is she okay?" My voice was barely about a whisper.

"Yeah, she seems fine. She just hasn't woke up yet. You had a pretty high fever though, so you should try to rest." He whispered back, pulling his hand away from my face.

"I'm glad she's okay and I'll be fine. How long was I out?" I ran my hands through my hair, still shocked that he was being kind to me after everything that's happened.

"All day, it's starting to get dark again." He leaned back on his hands; tilting his gaze to the sky that was painted in red and orange shades due to the sun setting.

"Sorry, I've been so much trouble. I should've listened to you." I buried my face in my hands and started to cry.

"Yeah, you should've but, it was an accident and everyone is okay. Please, don't cry anymore." He pulled my hands away from my face and offered a gentle smile.

I turned my head away from him to avoid his gaze; too ashamed of myself to look at him. I was sure that he would still be angry about the fact that I've lied to him all this time, and that Shirayuki was injured because of me.

"Why?" My tone came off harsher than I had intended; tears welling in my eyes.

His face contorted into a look of confusion as he tilted his head slightly.

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you still acting like you care about me?" I snapped; tears striking down my cheeks.

"Because I do care about you, Arisa." His eyes softened; he gently pulled my face so he could see my face.

"I lied to you and I'm the reason that Shirayuki got hurt!" Sobbing loudly, I tried to turn away from him but he wouldn't allow it.

"I am upset that you didn't tell me but, you didn't mean for her to get hurt. It was an accident, so please stop blaming yourself. You are the reason that she's okay now." He wiped my tears away with his thumb; never breaking eye contact.

"Do you think I'm a monster?" I tried to swallow the lump in my throat that made my voice sound forced and low.

"No, I don't. To be honest, I think it's kind of amazing what you did. I would like for you to show me some of the stuff you can do but, I know that everyone had things they don't talk about. Just don't feel pressed to tell me anything until you're ready." He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck.

I couldn't help the way my heart started beating as I heard his words; it was pounding so hard that I thought it was going to explode. My eyes widened as I looked up at him, lost for words at the way he made me feel. He smiled so brightly at me that I almost thought I was dreaming.

"So, you still want me to stay?" I managed to choked out; wrapping my hand around his arm.

"I couldn't imagine not knowing you..." His cheeks dusted pink; his eyes bouncing between both of mine.

Before I knew it, he had pulled into his chest. His head rested on top of mine as my fingers twisting into the fabric of his shirt. Both of his arms wrapped around me tightly as if I'd slip away.

Even though he made me feel safe, it felt wrong to be so close to him knowing that he loved someone else.

"Obi, are you and Shirayuki in love?" I felt him stiffen against me before he released his grip on me; pulling me away from him with his hands on my shoulders.

There was a sad look in his eyes, almost like he was going to cry. He cupped my face with his hands and sighed.

"No. She is in love with someone else. For a while, I thought I did love her but I don't. Not in the way you mean." His fingers traveled down my face, resting on the necklace he had given me.

"Oh. I'm sorry for asking about something like that, it wasn't any of my business." I placed my hand over his hand that was still resting on my face.

"I wouldn't have gave this to you if I loved anyone else, I made sure to sort out my feelings before I decided to give it to you." He smiled softly at me; pulling the hand that lingered on my necklace away to rest it at his side.

He leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine softly; my eyes widened for a moment before I melted into his kiss. Everything around me seemed to stop for a moment before he pulled away and offered the biggest grin I had ever seen. It made my heart flutter; both of our faces were warm and pink.

"I love you, Arisa." He leaned back down; kissing the top of my head. My eyes started to fill with tears again.

I had never thought it possible for someone to love me, especially if they knew that I was a witch. But here I was, being held by a man that made me feel safe and normal.

He laid down on his back and pulled me down with his; my head laying on his chest as he tucked a piece of hair being my ear. I could hear his heartbeat, and it was going a million miles a minute; just the thought of him being nervous made my smile grow wider.

"I love you too, Obi." I whispered against his chest.