18

●so reader can see shadows(you know that) but like your shadow can be in your or around you, just never away from you.

I was stapped down to a chair and could only hear my screams echoing off the walls.

The doctor had injected the serum into my body and I could see my body thrashing around in the tight grasp.

After a few moments the pain finnaly subsided and I gasped, trying to get as much air in my lungs.

The warm feeling that spread through my body helped unblur my vision and I lifted my head to look at the other people in the room.

Their were 3 armed guards and another guy, a buffer man who watched me.

The 3 guards i instantly knew were hydra, the other guys I couldnt see his face, his hair blocked out the top of his face and a mouth guard, covering his nose and mouth.

"Pl..please he..help me", I muttered to him.

I knew he heard me, cuz his body tensed up and the hydra agents looks to him, clutching their guns tightly.

Why did he seem so familiar?

The doctor stepped back in holding another vile of the serum and I screamed again, struggling against the restraints.

He smiled and came torwards me, looking at the armed man who stood with the guards. 

The man knew what to do and came over to hold my arm down.

His metal arm was even more familiar as it rested on my forearm holding me down.

The guy wouldnt look me in the eyes instead watching the doctor inject it into my arm.

I screamed again but this time it was more manly and that's when I bolted up.

I was in an unfamiliar bed, my hair drenched in sweat, as I wiped it back behind my ear.

I was no longer in the dress, instead in a bigger black shirt that fell to my thighs and then another scream bolted through the room.

Bucky was sitting in a chair, his eyes bolted shut and his face scrunched up in pain.

"Bucky", I softly said, my throat dry as I quickly stood up, feeling dizzy and going to him.

Buckys body was shaking and I hesitantly put my hand on his shoulder.

He screamed again and I lightly shook him trying to wake him up,"bucky please please wake up, it's a dream".

I reached into his body, trying to feel his shadow and was over come with a bunch of emotions.

Pain, regret, anger, sorrow, they all swirled around as his shadow was backed up against the wall.

Their seemed to be 2 shadows in his mind, bucky and then another one, a darker one made by hydra.

"Bucky wake up please", I begged shaking his body again.

His body had went ridged and I barley had time to react as his metal fist drew back and was threw at me.

I flipped back, the dizziness in my head aching, as bucky stood up, a soulless look in his eyes.

"Bucky please your ok", I said and he looked at me, confusion written on his face.

"Who's bucky", he said and my mind instantly knew what was going on.

He had went back into winter solider mode through the dreams.

"Bucky I need you to listen to me, no one here will hurt you, it's just you and me", I said and took a step closer.

A little bit of light had returned to his eyes, but I knew he was confused.

I took a step closer, reaching for him feeling his shadow reach back and touched my hand, atleast his shadow recognized me.

I put my hand on his metal arm, watching him watch my hand.

He didnt flinch away from my touch, taking that as a good thing, I put my hand onto his flesh arm and looked into his eyes.

His eyes were glassy and then his arms wrapped around my smaller body and I was pulled into his chest.

Buckys body was shaking, sobs coming from his lips.

All I could do was rub his back and run my hand through his hair, trying to brush out the rats and other tangles.

We stayed like that and then bucky pulled away his face pale and eyes puffy.

His hands went to touch my cheeks and brush over my skin, him softly muttered to me,"I'm sorry about that". 

"Bucky dont be sorry, are you ok", I asked and he gulped.

His emotions were spread out, fear and pain ran through his eyes.

"No....er yes I'm fine", he lied, his eyes dropping to the side and I felt my heart ache for him.

"James", I said steadily causing his eyes to drift back up to my face,"that didnt look ok to me, you...you were screaming".

Buckys eyes drifted down and he gulped, looking down as he took my hand in his flesh one, lacing them together, I'd been around him enough now to know that's what comforted him.

He kept his metal arm to the side of his body, flinching when I went to grab that hand.

He gently pulled me down, so we sat down on the edge of the bed, before he started to talk.

"I get nightmares...everynight of the....things I did when I was the winter solider", he said slowly and I flinched at the name.

It sounded familiar, more than just the little information he told me the past month, but a block in my head held me from remembering it.

Bucky also seemed to flinch and I tenderly put my hand onto his cheek, feeling his shadow curl into a corner. 

"Bucky those...these dreams aren't who you are anymore", I told him, feeling him lean into my  touch.

"I know they arent but I still see them and it still scares the shit outta me", bucky said, shivering.

A shiver of my own ran down my spine and I hesitantly put my arms around his shoulder, pulling him into a hug.

He arms hesitantly went around my body till he swiftly pulled me against his body till I was balanced on his lap, legs on either side of him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, getting more comfortable before running my hands through his hair.

It was always soft and sometimes ratty but I made sure to run my fingers through the rats I missed earlier.

"You wont leave will you", he wispeared and I pulled back a little to look at his face.

His blue eyes were wide with fear as he looked to the side.

Taking a daring move I put both my hands on his cheeks and slowly placed a kiss on his forhead.

Bucky didnt pull away as I went to rest my forehead against his, closing my eyes," I'm not gonna leave you James, I promise".

He gently laid us back down on the bed, his arms never leaving my body as he drifted off into sleep, cuddling his head into my neck.

I ran my hands through his hair some more, the thought of the winter solider still in my mind.