10

I was overwhelmed as soon as we stepped out of the car, There were rows and rows of cars and that meant there’d be many people here. 

I gulped and started to fidget with the edges of the Jean's which caught buckys attention, He came over and threw his sleeved metal arm around my shoulder pulling me into his side. 

Steve and Wanda looked back to us and he nodded for them to go on, Wanda gave me a look, raising her eyebrow at buckys arm that was around my shoulder, before trailing after steve. 

Bucky watched then walk before slowly following, "you ok". 

"Ya just I'm not sure If I should be out here", I explained and bucky nodded, "I understand the feeling," he softly murmured, "like you don’t belong with these people". 

"Kinda yea", I slowly said and started to feel the energy flowing off the mall place. 

"You belong here just as much as anyone, hell even more than I probably do", he joked causing me to give him a small smile, "Well if I belong then so do you", I said and he shook his head chucking.  

We eventually caught up with steve and Wanda as they were discussing where to get clothes and stuff. "The guys are gonna go to a sporting goods store and we’re gonna go do girlie things", Wanda said lacing my arm with hers. 

"You gonna be ok", bucky whispered, and I nodded to him showing him a small smile, "Ok", he said as he retracted his arm and went to go with steve. 

We watched as they left before she dragged me away. 

"So what was that with bucky", she asked and my cheeks darkened, She caught on to my look and squealed, "oh is something going on there"?

"I don’t know, I think he’s just being friendly with me since I came from hydra and all", I told her but she shook her head. 

We entered a store and she pulled me over to a clothing rack.

"When you were talking about that boy Ronnie, Bucky kinda got this jealous look in his eyes", she said and I bite my lip.

A random old lady, sweetly smiled at me as we talked, Her shadow was an old one that had years of happiness, sadness, and many other expressions.

"I don't think bucky likes me like that at all, just sees me as a shy girl whose life was taken away", I explained. 

"You know vision looks at me like that sometimes", she said throwing another shirt at me, "You and vision huh", I said and this time she blushed. 

She went on to tell me about her and vison and I made the appropriate 'mmm's and 'ahhs' as she gushed about him. 

After a half-hour or so we finished and I had 3 bags of new clothes, Wanda said she had messages from steve and they were gonna meet us at the car so we could head back. 

"Ya know before we head back to them, you and bucky would make a cute couple", she said and my mouth dropped open, She grinned before looking behind me and calling, "oh hi guys", and bouncing off towards them. 

I closed my mouth and seen bucky appear at my side. 

His long hair had been pulled under a ball cap, steve wore one too, "The paparazzi were all over steve, hell it hurts to be this famous sometimes", bucky jokingly said and threw his arm back around my shoulder. 

I looked to Wanda and she winked at me, smiling. 

"We probably need to get home, don’t need to the public knowledge about the new avenger with us", steve said pulling sunglasses out of his pocket, "New avenger", I asked him and we all turned to look at him, "Oh man buck did we forget to ask her", steve asked and bucky laughed. 

"No no no man, you told me you’d ask her, I'm just moral support bud", he said putting his head near mine, "Tomorrow would you like to practice your fighting skills", steve asked me and I shrugged. 

"I don’t care to I just don’t want to hurt anyone", I said and bucky chuckled, "I'll spar against you, you can’t hurt me easily", he offered and I gave him a small smile. 

Wanda's grin had grown wide and I knew what was going through her head. 

"Ok then it’s settled, crack of dawn, we’re going for our run than training", steve said and we all got in the vehicle before going back to the compound.

●lil itty bit of stuff
next chapter will have fighting secenes and stuff