Amber & Piper & Patricia LV

Start from the beginning

His piece said, Alfie turned and exited the room leaving a crying Amber on her bed. How dare he break her heart?!

*Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold*

Amber allowed herself 20 minutes to mourn her broken relationship. The beeping of her alarm signaled the end of her meltdown. Wiping away her tears Amber pulled herself together and pieced the jagged shards of her heart temporarily back in place. It wouldn't do to have daddy see her in such a state. If he were to see what a mess she was, he might actually go through with his threats of pulling Amber from the Academy. Nothing, even Alfie Lewis, was worth leaving her friends behind.

She had just finished fixing her make up when there was a loud and familiar knock on her door. "Coming!" called Amber as she leapt to her feet and rushed to open the door. "Daddy! You made it".

"Of course, I did love. Oh, it's so wonderful to see you. How are you doing pumpkin?".

"Oh, I'm slowly recovering" explained Amber leading her father into the room.

"That's good to hear. I was so sorry to hear about your fall. I will definitely be speaking to Mr. Lewis".

"Oh, daddy please leave Alfred out of this. He was the one who call the medics".

"Well, if he had been there, maybe the medics wouldn't have been needed".

"Daddy, there's no way of knowing that". protested Amber, "He was extremely helpful in getting me to the hospital and back home. The doctor said that there shouldn't be any lasting damage and I should be fully recovered in two weeks". There was no way she was letting him talk to Alfie. Who knows what that heartbreaking jerk face would spill?

"All right I will leave the young man out of it for now" he promised her. "Now tell me everything, it's been far too long since we had a good catch-up".

Amber giggled happily and began to tell her father all of the Sibunaless tales that had occurred so far that year.

All too soon it was time for her father to go, apparently, he had only been able to get out of his meetings for a couple hours. He made Amber promise to stay in better touch and announced that he hoped to return for spring break.

Giving her father a tight hug Amber walked him down to the door. She waved goodbye until his car was out of sight and then headed inside to find Vera and whip up some lunch.

*Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold*

Piper's POV:

After being publicly exposed as Patricia's twin to the headmaster, her time to hide had officially run out. Headmaster Sweet had given Piper the rest of the weekend to spend with her sister, but now she found herself standing outside of the headmaster's office awaiting her fate.

Looking at the many students bustling through the hallway, a certain sweet boy caught her eye. Jerome and Alfie were talking by their lockers and Piper swore that her heart skipped a beat when her eyes locked with his.

Alfie Lewis... she couldn't help but think that she had found the boy of her dreams. Funny, sweet, and creative, Alfie Lewis seemed to have it all. Piper watched as Alfie seemed to give himself a short pep talk before moving towards her. Piper blushed excitedly, was he psyching himself up just to talk to her?

Unfortunately, their first talk with him knowing her true identity was not yet to be as Edison Miller-Sweet slotted himself in between the pair, cutting off Alfie's approach.

"So" he began "little Miss Stand In. Can I speak to you for a sec? You know when we... smackerooed... I didn't know."

"Neither did I!" agreed Piper.