39-THIRTY NINE💜

Start from the beginning

**

It's currently 8:10 pm, and I found myself in my room, all dolled up and anxiously waiting for Abubakar to arrive. My emotions are a mix of excitement and nervousness, especially when I think about the meeting with Iman. I hope she doesn't ruin my mood tonight.

Suddenly, my phone rings, and I quickly pick it up, seeing Abubakar's name on the caller ID. "Habiby!" I said with enthusiasm.

"Hayatie, I'm downstairs. If you're ready, come down," he says.

"Okay, I'm on my way," I replied, hanging up the phone. I grab my clutch from the bed, steal one last look at myself in the mirror, and then descended the stairs.

"I'm here," I announced as I made my entrance. Abubakar, dressed in an elegant office-casual outfit, was on the phone. When his gaze fell on me, his eyes widen in amazement, and his mouth slightly hangs open.

"I'll call you back," he said to the person on the phone and ended the call.

"How do I look?" I asked, my nerves showing.

"I'm searching for Mrs. Abubakar; where is she?" he jokes, making me chuckle.

"You're looking at her," I replied, giving a twirl.

"Wow, babe! You look incredibly beautiful. I'm speechless. Ma shaa Allah, Allah's creation," he whispered, taking my hand and planting a kiss on it.

"Thank you, my love. Shall we get going?" I inquire, with a grin.

"Yes, we should. Let's go," he says, and I slip my hand into his as we head outside to his car.

***

When we arrived at the event, we walked hand in hand inside. A few people were already seated, waiting for us - or rather, waiting for the arrival of the CEO. As soon as his business partners and employees spotted us, they came forward to greet us.

"Welcome, Mrs. Abubakar," they greeted.

"Thank you," I replied with a polite smile, and we made our way to our table.

"Are you okay?" I asked Abubakar after we had taken our seats.

"Yeah, I am. Why?"

"Don't you feel nervous?" I inquired.

"Not at all, I'm used to it," he shrugged.

"Wow, okay then," I responded. His personal assistant approached us.

"Sir, everything is set for your speech," she informed.

"Okay then," he replied, turning to me. "Babe, I'll be right back," he said, planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Okay then, good luck," I wished him well.

"Thanks," he replied before heading over to the stage.

"Good day, ladies and gentlemen. First, I would like to thank my fellow shareholders, board of directors, staff, and guests, for taking the time to attend this dinner in celebration of the accomplishment of our project, both in person and virtually. I would also like to thank my family, my wife, for being by my side throughout this lengthy project and for providing her unending support. She always reminded me never to give up. I love you so much," he declared, and the crowd erupted in cheers.

Blushing, I blew him a kiss and muttered, "I love you too," before listening to the rest of his speech.

"I'm so proud of you, hubby," I told him after he finished his speech.